A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bulletin Board

Hybrid View

Bulletin Board

Hi,

I am using Flash 5 and want to add in a bulletin board on my site so that viewer can post up comments and feedback onto the site and everyone can see it when they visit the site. Can someone please show me how?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Do you mean you want to me a bulletin board with flash 5 as this would require complex coding and would not be easy?

Cheers
    Rabid Lemming

I will wait for death with a smile and a big stick

actually i have never seen it built inside a flash site. but would like to know if it's possible and how to make one inside a flash site? you know those posting area where people can post their comments and other viewers can also view or add in feedback?

thanks!

Senile member! :)
    I've seen it done in Flash.(I'm a member of a community built in flash 5. I've even done a simple one myself, even though it was "only" a guestbook.

First of all you need to have access to serverscript and a database on your server. I guess it could be done using simple text/xml-files but that would really have an impact on the performance.

How to actually show the posts in flash depends a lot on how the should display. For a list of subjects like in a forum I would create using a movieclip with a textfield(s) showing the subject name and other usefull texts. And of course a button that when clicked upon triggers the load and display the text/texts.

/Mirandir

thanks for the info! yeah, actually what i want to do is a simple guest book. do you know if there's any tutorial/work files i can download from this website? since i don't know much about action script..... thanks!!!!

hi,

click in the “Search Site” box at the top right and type in what you want to search for ie gust book and you should be able to find something

cheers
    Rabid Lemming

I will wait for death with a smile and a big stick

thanks! i kept searching for "bulletin board" instead of guest book, no wonder couldn't find anything!