A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flying doves?

flying doves?

Does anyone know where I could find some beautiful examples of flying doves that i could modify for my own use.

Swish 2

This is a flying dove made in Flash. Since Swish can't open flash, it's been published as a SWF so that it can be imported as a SWF into Swish.

Cheers,
    Venio
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

it's very well done, but...

I require my sprite to fly over a white background - is there a simple way to make this possible?

After you imprted the sprite, what did you see? Is the animation a frame-by-frame import? (As in, what you see are a bunch of vector shapes one frame after another.) If so, can you select all of the vector shapes (doves) in the sprite and change the color of them? Also, are you able to change the background color of the sprite? Or maybe I'm just not understanding you correctly.

Regards,
    Venio
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    ...or you could use an animated gif like this one, just rightclick on the image to save and then import it into your SWiSH movie.

wolf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi wolfgross,

I was searching for some animated dove birds and thought the dove2.gif file was perfect. I imported the file into my flash movie but the animation did not work. Could you help me out? What am I doing wrong?

...import the animated gif as a sprite.

wolf

I'm sorry if I sound stupid but what is a Sprite? I'm using KoolMoves flash software. Will it work with that and can I use sprites with KoolMoves?

Also, Wolfgross,

I checked out your website (Web Wolf Wonder Web Works) and it is awesome! Is all that flash animation done in Swish Max? I would like to design flash sites as sophisticated as yours but I can't afford Macromedia Flash Studio. But I think I can afford Swish Max. What software can I use to design more elegant looking flash animations? KoolMoves is good but it's limited.

This is in the Swish-forum. There are no sprites in Koolmoves - you mean "MovieClips". Afaik you can't import animated gifs in Koolmoves. But what you can do is:
    convert the animated gif to swf (http://www.swftools.org/ gif2swf -o dove2.swf dove2.gif)
    and then import the swf in KM..
    or you can ask in the KM-Forum if there is an better way..

JOe7,

How do you run the converter. I went to the site and downloaded the program but I'm lost. I don't know how to use it. Is there a tutorial or something on how to convert the gif using the swftools? Please help me... I am so confused

hi,
    you have to start all these swftools from the command-line or a use bat-file (which is normal textfile with the file-Ending .bat) in the directory next to the programms and modify this..

- rename the file myCommand.txt to myCommand.bat (- bat-Files are not allowed in this forum.. - )
    - copy the file in the swftools-directory next to the programms (gif2swf,..)
    - open it with a texteditor when you want to change the files or anything else
    - to create the swf click on the batch file..

gif2swf -o dove2.swf dove2.gif

this command should take the file dove2.gif and create dove2.swf (all in the directory swftools)

a short description is there:
    http://www.swftools.org/gif2swf.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by J0e7; 05-04-2007 at 02:29 PM.

ok JOe7, thanks for the GREAT tip. It worked. I was able to convert my dove2.gif into a swf file. But now I'm struggling with seeing it when I import it. The craziest thing is happening. When I import into a new flash file it's visible and works great, but when I import it into an existing file with multiple frames, I can't see it when I play the movie. What the heck is up with that? I've tried everything and I know it's something simple. Do you have any suggestions.

loadmovie()

How does the load movie work? Do I put the code on the frame that I want to load the swf?

"talytech" - are still using "KoolMoves" or are you using SWiSHmax?
    We can't help you here at this SWiSH forum with "KoolMoves" - I'd suggest that you you use their support forum regarding this.
    If you have SWiSHmax - look up the helpfiles - there are comprehensive instructions how to use the load movie option.

wolf

oh ok .. thank you