A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Trying To make Text 3d in Flash MX

Trying To make Text 3d in Flash MX

I'm new to this Flash Thing. I attend school for visual communications Design, and I freelance I am currently have a client who needs a website and I would like to build a flash intro/movie, I would like to do there logo in 3d in flash for the intro , hopefully someone will take pity on a newbie and help me out.......PLEASE..........

There are many example and tutorials to following within in this site. Here is a link to help get you started.

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/3D/

I personally do not know the techniques used, but I am still learning as well.

Goodbye...
    That's going to be very difficult because Flash is not a 3D design tool. The only way that I can think of is doing everything by hand which I wouldn't want to do. You're better off using a program like Swift3D to do this.

It a switch from mx 2004 to swish easy? I have both but have only used mx. I would like to use swish to make a more attractive visual effects, but is it learning a whole new program, or does most stuff carry over?

swish is very straightforward and it shouldn't be very hard to learn since it uses the same concepts that flash uses (timeline , frames , sprites, etc..)

there's a great swish forum on FK that can be very helpful too. check it out here