A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [test]Adding depth to TBW

[test]Adding depth to TBW

i had seen tutorials and posts about adding depth to an isometric view game, but hadn't seen much for just a regular TBW so i thought i would take a wack at it.

it's not perfect, but let me know what you think:
    TBW depth test

i'll be cleaning up some of the source code over the next day or so, but let me know if you'd be interested in looking at it.

later...
    it's the kinda cool where... i'm so cool, you don't even know i'm cool

Bit of a bug if you have noticed it yet. If you walk down as far as you can on to the bottom screen so your head only sticks out and then left on to the next screen, your depths go slightly funny and the guy kinda gets stuck until your press up.

The more source out there the better

yeah, that's why i said it wasn't perfect yet. i figured out what was wrong though, it's just a matter of getting the time to fix it.

thanks for the input though. i'm glad that this was the only bug you've found so far because that's really the only one i knew about but if anyone finds anything new before i update it, please let me know

fixed it. i was surprised at how easy it was to fix. it just had to with where i had the registration point on my sprite.

TBW Depth Test

let me know what you think please

it would make it look better if you had the movemeent speed faster becuase the character is walking faster than you have him moving. Also, im adding depth to a topdown, ill give you a link when i get more of it done if you care to check it out.

yeah, speed will be easy to fix. before i added depth, the character was about half that size and i just haven't changed the speed yet.

but sure, i'd love to check out yours when you get it up

ok well I have made it so the preloader is skipped all together, so you won't have to load sounds or anything. All the save stuff works, so you will have to creat a file. Im only going to leave this on my site for a little becuase it isn't finished.

Its a zelda game, so if you can tell me what you think about it to, that would be great.

Control...
    Space - sword
    1 - bombs
    2 - arrows
    3 - boomerang.
    p - pause

To see the swapDepth work, go behind a tree, then go to the front

zelda
    edit - fixed link

the hitTest with the bushes is messed up right now but you can still destroy them
    Last edited by crowebird; 07-30-2004 at 01:53 PM.