Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wildform flix exporter

I could only delete C: it would not allow me delete >
    I tried to do it by making a folder in my C drive as you said
    folder name MOVIE
    then I typed in C:\MOVIES\flvmdi.exe test_1.flv [test_1injected.flv]

this was the result
    The system cannot fint the path specified

I'm sorry man but are you joking with me. I know your not but your about to see a grown man cry.

Oh man

Media Services
    ...did you moved your FLV & FLVMDI.exe to MOVIE folder?

There is no way to explain it in more simply way.

Yes as I said in my last post I made a folder called MOVIES in the c drive I copied the file test_1.flv and the flvmdi.exe over to this folder.
    Then I went to run>cmd and typed in C:\MOVIES\flvmdi.exe test_1.flv [test_1injected.flv]

And I received this feedback
    The system cannot find the path specified

The old path it recognized and you can see that on the screen shot in my last few posts back.

I don't doubt you when you say there is no easier way to explain but it's not working this way you can see by the path its exactly what is in the folder and what you told me to do but it says

The system cannot find the path specified

I really appreciate your help but I have no idea what to say. I don't want to give up as I have been on this whole video crap for 9 hours now.

I even re- started my computer to make sure it wasn't that but no joy.

So I renamed my MOVIES folder flash_movies all lower case and it found the path but it is still giving me an error occured.

C:\flash_movies\flvmdi.exe test_1.flv [testinjected.flv]

This is what it gave me
    Manitu group FLV MetaData Injector 1.2
    Copyright <c> 2004 Manitu Group. http://www.burks.com/flvmdi
    An error occured
    Last edited by ericflash; 08-04-2004 at 08:32 PM.

Media Services
    that could be problem with your source FLV file. If you did everything right and FLVMDI gives you error, it's a big chance that original FLV was incorrectly encoded.

...you can send me link to this FLV so I could download and test your it. Also I'm planning to make some test with Wildform FLV tools.

I tried compressing another flv and the same happened.
    Here is a link to the flv file its about 2.64 MB
    LINK TO FLV

Thanks for sticking in there and trying to answer my question.
    I would be interested to see how the FLIX goes. I tride to use the exporter demo but it would play my video and then stop after a few seconds.
    Maybe this file is messed up.

Thanks again.

Hey PROXUS check this out I contacted the guys who built the injecotr app and they were so cool about the whole thing and fixed the problem in 2 minutes. I thought you might be interested in there reply.

So the problem seems a path problem.

If you are not running the exe from the current directory (that is when you
    write flvmdi on the commandline you get unknown command error), then you'll
    also need to specify path for the FLV file (even it's in the same folder)
    too.

So, you should try with full paths, otherwise only current path/directory is
    used:
    C:\flash_movies\flvmdi C:\flash_movies\test_1.flv
    C:\flash_movies\testinjected.flv /x
    This worked.

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate you sticking in there and not telling me to fu****ck OFF with myself.

I would still love to here your feedback on how the FLIX test went.

Media Services
    Guys from Wildform were kind enough to let me download full version for testing. I'm encoding few videos to get some idea about this product. Samples are coming soon
    Last edited by PROXUS; 08-05-2004 at 02:21 PM.

Great there also testing out a video I have that was stopping in the middle of playback. The link is in about four or 5 posts back.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you get from it.

Thanks

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    We're looking into your issue with the encoding not completing.
    However, I don't understand your issues about rewinding or seeing that the movie is complete.
    We cannot replicate the rewinding issue on our end. Can you zip up and post a sample that doesn't rewind for you? Every sample we encode rewinds without a problem.
    And regarding your issue about "the object script to see if the movie is complete is not working". Can you please explain what you are trying to do exactly and what isn't working?
    I would also like to add that both Flix Pro 4 and the Flix Exporter add all the correct FLV metadata to FLV output and you don't have to use any other programs to add this to the files after the fact.
    jb

Hi Jonathan_B
    Thanks for your reply and also clearing up the issue that Flix Pro 4 and the Flix Exporter add all the correct FLV metadata to FLV output, that's something that people really need to know.

I have placed a link where you can download an fla with the NetStream and NetConnection set up to load an fla. The rewind will not work as you can see when you test it and also the
    ns.onStatus = function(info) {
    if (info.code == "NetStream.Buffer.Empty") {
    and the
    if (infoObject.code == "NetStream.Play.Stop") {
    Don’t work. By don't work I mean the don't trigger even a trace when the video has finished playing.
    I am trying to find out when my video finishes playing to do other callbacks to other functions.

I know the reason for that is because the Metadata is not encoded with the flv at least I suspect so.

LINK TO ZIPPED FILES

There is also a word document in there highlighting the settings I used with the flash exporter.

I didn't use flix because I only have the demo version and as I said that would create my flv and it would only play 10 seconds of it.
    You guys already have that original footage file and are testing it.

I also explain in the word file that I always have to have my Keyframe every= 20 or lower
    If I go above the 24 mark the rewind buttons won't work.
    This goes for squeeze, flash or Flix

There was an article on this from macromedia white pages. Which I placed in my first link.
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx...s/flash_flv.pdf

This was the quote the had which talks about the rewind to frames issue and why I set my every keyframe so low.
    There is a very important dependency on the keyframe rate, which refers to
    the ability of Flash Player to seek (fast forward, rewind) through an FLV file.
    Flash Player can only frame advance to keyframes, so if you want to be able
    to skip around to different places and pause the frames, you must use a
    lower keyframe value. If you want to be able to advance to every frame in
    the FLV file, use a keyframe value of 1. When you reduce the keyframe
    value, you must raise the data rate for the Flash video in order to maintain
    comparable image quality.
    Thanks again to all for your help in this matter.
    This is a great advantage that flix has is that it has the metadata encoded in the flv very nice.

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    1. Regarding the rewinding, this isn't a problem with the flv file itself. It's a problem with your player.
    I am attaching a zip with a revised version of your player.
    It should work with any keyframe setting (but of course the lower the keyframe setting, the better it will performy).
    2. Regarding your issues with "NetStream.Play.Stop", it has to do with some undocumented behaviors in the Flash player. We've added a workaround and will post it soon.
    3. Regarding the 10 second encoding issue, thanks for pointing this out. We've fixed this and will post the update soon.
    jb
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Jonathan_B for taking the time to look into this.
    It’s a strange work around getting the flv to rewind but I understand the principle. Is this the easiest way to set up a rewind for the NetStream. It tends to rewind it in a jumpy motion it goes from say 20 frames to 19 19 19 18 18 18 14 10 8 8 8 4 4 0 0.75. I have tried increasing the seek count but that will make it seek back more frames at a time.

2. Regarding your issues with "NetStream.Play.Stop", it has to do with some undocumented behaviors in the Flash player. We've added a workaround and will post it soon.
    Looking forward to seeing that work around.
    I guess someone needs to cash in on a good book on video in flash mx 2004.

3. Regarding the 10-second encoding issue, thanks for pointing this out. We've fixed this and will post the update soon.
    What update will you post? An updated version of Flix or just my video.
    So has this happened before or is it to do with my video or a bug in flix
    I'm starting to bug out with the different software to get a flv file myself. I didn't think it was going to be this much grief.
    Man I think QuickTime on the web is the way to go. ok I’m joking it's just been a huge curve the last few days trying to work with video in flash. I thought the new video object would be much easier to control.

I'm still interested in flix and what it can do I just didn't get a chance to test much with the demo version because of the 10 second stopping issue which wasted time for me. But the compression on the video was amazing. I could not believe how much it dropped it down.

Thanks for your time and coming up with a solution to the rewind issue.

Wildform Moderator
    There's a new version of the Flix Exporter Demo available here:
    http://www.wildform.com/videos/Setup...Demo_4_031.zip

jb