A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: check me out........................

check me out........................

i did this yesterday while i was supposed to be working

http://www.jstylellc.com/portfolio/home-movie.html

its incomplete right now but all i have to do is add content. feedback please.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Nice site

I like your site design, but ditch the audio for something more upbeat!

With regards
    Scott
    S.Bailey
    Interactive Designer
    www.activstudios.com

Blood elf, or PHP guru... hmmm Paradoxz's Avatar

Navigation and appropriate size

Two key factors in design are navigation, and size. Not everyone runs 800x600 or 1024x768. My guess the system you designed the site in was 800x600 though. Navigation is also improtant. Average pople get frustrated in a matter of seconds while using the internet. Not everyone is a webmaster.

-Paradoxz

thanx for the feedback...

whats wrong with the navigation? i thought it was simple enough...its only three buttons.

i understand what you're saying about the resolution size but this will be intended for potential employers...if they are running less than 800x600 then they probably cant afford me anyway
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Re: Nice site

Originally posted by activstudios
    I like your site design, but ditch the audio for something more upbeat!

With regards
    Scott
    lol, does the music not fit the theme?

nit pick

I think some people come on here just to nit pic sites.... i mean the navigation was easy enough for my 5 year old daughter to figure out... if some one can't figure that out then they need a doctor not another website.... and the size of most monitors on the net in 2004 can manage to get that site in good view... unless they on some old p1 system with a moonitor that they don't even make anymore and if thats the case then i think they are part of the 1 percent of computers online that don't have the flash player.. so they would not even see the site in the first place..... mann forget what they saying.. your site is simple and tight...

here you go.. i give you the simple navagation award...

i love yall

yo main man lenny

thanx....i see you are a fellow a-t-alien. [atlanta]

it could use some mouse over effects on the nav buttons.

the red text over the parking garage bg was a little hard to read. the interactive section in general seemed a little less clean than the rest of the site. for some reason it just doesn't fit in.

when it says loading image, it just keeps counting up to ten. i don't know if that's intentional or not. i kinda like to know that i'm getting somewhere when in comes to preloaders. that's just my opinion though.

for the contact nav button. at first glance i thought it was a non-operational look because of it's faded color.

overall i like it, just change up that interactive section a little.

ya, the interactive section doesnt do it for me really either...i jus did that today, i'm trying to get some ideas on a creative way to do that section....seems like red was the only color that stood out but now that i look at it it does seem hard to read....any suggestions??

Blood elf, or PHP guru... hmmm Paradoxz's Avatar

Actually

My problem was the exact opposite, I run 1280x1024 resolution on the machine i viewed the site on, and the site was about the size of a pea. I used windows magnifier just to see it. (Not really)
    Do you think pirates knew PHP?

oh snap

Originally posted by J-Luv
    thanx....i see you are a fellow a-t-alien. [atlanta]
    I aint even notice that you in the Atl... "A town baby"

no wonder yo web site was so tight...

i love yall

yo main man lenny

First of all I think your website is comming along great. I like the overall feel, and I really like your transitions. I'm with anew on the "preloader" though. I'm sort of a purist in that if it's in there it should be real. On another note, I know you're working on the red txt thing . . . As a suggestion you could use a darker shade of red, tone down the highlights on the pic, and drop in a semi-transparent background behind the links/buttons to give them a backdrop and to pull them away from the scene. Just a suggestion though. I can't wait to see that finished because it's going to be great. keep up the good work.