A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dxh-studios.com - check it out

dxh-studios.com - check it out

Check out the new dxh v3 interface at http://www.dxh-studios.com
    drew-\\dxh-studios.com\\

comments

I don't really like the de-saturated blue image backgrounds you have in the different panels. Especially those that are more grey. They look dull and lifeless. I would also suggest you take more control of the loading sequence. The fact that the bottom panels display and then there is still preloading going on in the top makes it feel like you are not managing the process but allow it just to happen. I think with a little more attention to detail it can be a nice site.

Philippe
    Grinlock

America's10MostWanted

Re: comments

Originally posted by Philippe Ingels
    I don't really like the de-saturated blue image backgrounds you have in the different panels. Especially those that are more grey. They look dull and lifeless. I would also suggest you take more control of the loading sequence. The fact that the bottom panels display and then there is still preloading going on in the top makes it feel like you are not managing the process but allow it just to happen. I think with a little more attention to detail it can be a nice site.

Philippe
    Grinlock

America's10MostWanted
    ok sure dude. have a doughnut
    drew-\\dxh-studios.com\\

Very slick buddy......

The portfolio section doesnt work. But i think you know that

The only thing i can see that i would do different would be exit transitions....and why do the boxes down below not use transitions..r they HTML?

Good colors, and I like the BG in the boxes...

Keep it up its comin along really good.

Re: Re: comments

Originally posted by drew_hytt
    ok sure dude. have a doughnut
    it kills me how people have the audacity to post their site for review and upon receiving criticism (true, honest criticism, at that), they get offensive. why do you bother posting your site?? so we can blow sunshine up your behind?? fat chance.

nice cloned 2advanced site. next.

How is this 2a..because of the silver...blue even? oh god.....nice come back.....why do people have to resort to "2A RIP !!!!"

What kills me is that you get upset becuase he doesnt aggree with the comment....granted didnt phrase it really good, but still, must he change his site because some one else think it is better this way or that.......

They are opinions for a reason.....we can take them as they come.

Re: Re: Re: comments

Originally posted by youngjediknight
    it kills me how people have the audacity to post their site for review and upon receiving criticism (true, honest criticism, at that), they get offensive. why do you bother posting your site?? so we can blow sunshine up your behind?? fat chance.

nice cloned 2advanced site. next.
    cloned 2advanced site, come on pal, i took your comments, thx, great, 2advanced? nothing is alike to 2advanced, i give them credit, Eric Jordan is a great flash web designer, but come on..

ill have to agree with what you said N_R_D, thx
    Last edited by drew_hytt; 08-10-2004 at 09:42 PM.
    drew-\\dxh-studios.com\\

I really like your site. Everything is fast and smooth. However, I do agree NRD in that some outro's would be good too. You might want to think about putting a margin at the top of the page to give your banner room to breath. But hey, that's just a personal preferance. Also some of the windows and buttons don't work, but you know that and you even say it's comming soon, so no biggie. Personally, with the way you section the space I like how each piece loads indipendently. It reminds me of widegroup.

http://www.widegroup.net/

2A . . . seriously? If he's ripping off 2A then he's also ripping off widegroup and like 40% of all other flash websites as well. Yeah sure, maybe there are some similarities . . . but there's a big difference between being influenced by and ripping off. Nothing is done in a bubble, and we're all influenced by something. That's the meaning of my sig. Honestly I don't see it. He obviously has talent, and has put a lot of time and effort into the site. He has put his own vision and style into the website that makes it his own.

That's just my opinion and you're free to disagree. In any case, I'm digging the site no matter how you put it. Nice work.
    Last edited by idolmind; 08-11-2004 at 06:17 AM.

Originally posted by idolmind
    I really like your site. Everything is fast and smooth. However, I do agree NRD in that some outro's would be good too. You might want to think about putting a margin at the top of the page to give your banner room to breath. But hey, that's just a personal preferance. Also some of the windows and buttons don't work, but you know that and you even say it's comming soon, so no biggie. Personally, with the way you section the space I like how each piece loads indipendently. It reminds me of widegroup.

2A . . . seriously? If he's ripping off 2A then he's also ripping off widegroup and like 40% of all other flash websites as well. Yeah sure, maybe there are some similarities . . . but there's a big difference between being influenced by and ripping off. Nothing is done in a bubble, and we're all influenced by something. That's the meaning of my sig. Honestly I don't see it. He obviously has talent, and has put a lot of time and effort into the site. He has put his own vision and style into the website that makes it his own.

That's just my opinion and you're free to disagree. In any case, I'm digging the site no matter how you put it. Nice work.
    Thank you for understanding,
    drew-\\dxh-studios.com\\

I think it would be safe to say, that all sites now, especially the ones that come from people on this board, are influenced by the greats of our industry, 2A, 24-7, DerBauer(old stuff), etc. If we were not inspired by the work they did, then we would just be reinventing the wheel. The only thing is, one must take the inspiration and imporve on it, or take it in another direction, like he did. We all have our heros and our people that we look up to.

Thanks for your comments. I am one of the staff members at DXH-Studios and do most of the graphic design you see on the site. A lot of time and effort was put into the planning and development of the site. I am proud that our work is appreciated. We wouldn't be anywhere without you guys so thanks again.

<3 <3 </3

Re: Re: Re: comments

Originally posted by Philippe Ingels

Philippe
    Grinlock

America's10MostWanted
    Originally posted by youngjediknight

I agree with both of them on their critiques of the site and of you... you seem to have put up your site for praise and praise only. Siding only with the one that says how much he likes your site - not even thanking the others that went to your site to check it out.

Nice job making a fool of yourself.
    -Guz-

Site Under Construction

This is getting really out of hand, I respect all the thoughts and reviews about dxh-studios.com. I may have said, "sure ok dude, have a doughnut" sorry if that was taken the wrong way, i still respect all reviews about the site.Some don’t like it, some do, end of story. But really, doughnuts are tasty

See... yummy doughnuts..

Last edited by drew_hytt; 08-12-2004 at 06:34 PM.
    drew-\\dxh-studios.com\\

"have a donut"....
    man thats funny.

DezVette, great assessment....

By the way? Is this another one of those 2advance clones? wow, they seem to be everywere.. yikes..

www.andykloske.ca.tt
    drew-\\dxh-studios.com\\

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Ok, I can't say I like this one very much... just my opinion, but here's what I think.

- Too much use of gradients. Not every element must be a different black/grey/white gradient. Personal preference...
    - The rollovers could use some spicing up.
    - The text is blurred, and some of the font choices are iffy. Pixel fonts are off-center.
    - When I go to a new section, the page reloads... huh?! This is Flash!
    - The site is covered in banners and busy backgrounds that detract from the feel.
    - Just too busy overall. Text all over. 20 different fonts. No dead space.
    - The building thing at the top is clearly a 2A influence, and even if you argue it's not, it's still a Flash cliché.
    - No music; sound effects are irritating after a minute.

The site shows promise... some of the build animations are okay.
    Try to learn to take helpful criticism... it's a good personality trait!
    Keep workin' at the site.
    Last edited by mr. freak; 08-13-2004 at 02:41 AM.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

Just on a technical note . . . I don't think your site shows up on Mac's at all. At work we use Mac's, and when I tried to look at your site nothing showed up right. Sections didn't load and pieces were everywhere. I tried it on two different machines, so unless if there's a problem with something internally with the company you might want to check how it loads up on a Mac. Maybe some imput from other Mac users would be helpful, but it certainly didn't work for me.

I personally think the site has a lot of potential. While I dont claim to be an expert, I think that the images need to be stronger or less blurry. I would use the work "weak" but that adjective seems to offensive. The intros are very nice and you seem to have paid a lot of attention to detail. Either way, I think you've done a great job but there are certainly some areas for improvement. Primarily, I think you might want to consider the outro animations as other people suggested. The flow of the site is kind of jarring without them. Keep up the good work though

The site looks great. Professional and the word 'cool' instantly comes to mind.

Good job!
    Trust No1

Just on a technical note . . . I don't think your site shows up on Mac's at all. At work we use Mac's, and when I tried to look at your site nothing showed up right. Sections didn't load and pieces were everywhere. I tried it on two different machines, so unless if there's a problem with something internally with the company you might want to check how it loads up on a Mac. Maybe some imput from other Mac users would be helpful, but it certainly didn't work for me.
    Yes, its not a very Mac worthy site, but when v4 ever comes out, (about a year) we will take that to note, possibly having the option for the user to view a Mac only site, or a Windows only site.

Thank you.
    Last edited by drew_hytt; 08-13-2004 at 11:03 AM.
    drew-\\dxh-studios.com\\