A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML problem

HTML problem

Hi to all.

My question is about dreamweaver. I´ll see if somebody can help, if not just give me an url where I could find some help.

Here´s the thing:

I open DW. I configure a site, only folders, and open a new document. I insert a table and an image in one of the cells. I preview it in the browser and it looks all right. I save the document "index.html" and I open it with IE.

What happens is that the image doesn´t appear as it couldn´t find, just the place where it should be. So I looked at the code in DW and saw that the codeline for the image was, part of it, like this:

"/img/group_01.jpg"

That´s my folder for images. I checked this on many sites and I found it was like this, but it doesn´t work for me. So I erase one of the "/" and it works.

"img/group_01.jpg"

It never happened to me and I find it annoying to have to edit the code everytime I place an image.

I use DW MX.

Please help!

it might be because the file is not in the root of your computer but on your server it is in the root so there is no /
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net

Yes, that appears to be the problem, but why does DW "write" the code as if all the files were in the server and I can´t view the site on my PC?

it doesn't, does it? If DW writes it with the /img/ then it is writing it as if it is on your comp, but with my server it works either way maybe your server is picky about the coding used
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net

On the contrary, DW is in fact writing the /img/. And that´s my problem, because that way I can´t see the site on my PC but it works on my server. I can only see the site doing previews.