A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: First Site... don't be mean

First Site... don't be mean

Alright, this is my first flash site, I know a lot of people who post their first site are amazing and I understand I'm not on that level but I would like constructive criticism. I honestly don't feel too great about this site but I also have to say some of the issues with it I had no say in because the client wanted the site to look certain ways such as the size to be big and resize for different browser viewings. Anyways, I have to go on a trip for a week so I wont be able to respond to any comments for a while but I appreciate any advice that can be given, the one thing before this site gets uploaded to the domain is I need one of those, "if you don't have flash player download it here" thingies, where can i get that little snippet of html? thanks again and try not to be too harsh.

http://www.geocities.com/ihrimtest/Index2.html
    mmm signature

Pretty good for your first attempt at flash, Just a sugestion, I would go with smaller fonts. just a prefference. Otherwise, nice start.

Michael

thank you, i like smaller fonts as well but client is always right... also just to mention all the text within the site is loaded from html files so that they can easily change the text if needed.
    mmm signature

wow that is great for a first site! I would just stay away from having the letters rotate like that. maybe fade in with alpha transparency 0% and use some masking. there are plenty of effects on flashkit you can look into

tight first site

what can i say... for a first site that jiont is nice....

i love yall

yo main man lenny
    "always remember to keep it tight"

very nice - you should have seen my first site - it was scary!

Kudos on the client thing - picky bastards.
    But yes, very nicely put together, I like the way the logo blends.
    Trust No1

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    That's not bad at all for a first site. It eats the first site I made alive!

Suggestions for the future:
    - Pick more interesting and smaller fonts; it'll look more professional.
    - Don't blow up jpegs past their full size.
    - Differentiate sections a little... a different color, a different text box shape, whatever.
    - sound effects/music always help a site, IMO

I'm sure your next site will be great.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

well i thought i wouldnt have time to check this and respond but I did so... thanks a lot i'm very happy to hear all the compliments, I am a lil' curious about mr. freak's about jpegs past their full size because i have resized them to smaller never bigger than they are could it be because of the fact that I made the swf resize for different brwosers that the images look blown up on certain resolutions? If so how can i change this?
    mmm signature

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Yeah, you probably want your Flash to be a set size... I'm only running 1280x1024, and some JPEGs are rather blurred. When you publish Flash, isn't it by default a set size?
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

im very confused. are you saying the first flash site you ever did is being done for a client? wow, lucky you.

for a first site its great, really is.

Good job alex
    freshly squeezed media