A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: EGO7.com - New EGO7 Corporate site...again!

EGO7.com - New EGO7 Corporate site...again!

www.EGO7.com

They've got another new corporate site. I like this just as much as I liked the previous one (which wasn't much). Don't know what's gone wrong with EGO7. At one point they were top of the line, now they're just another one of the studios...

Zak.

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    I think they're worrying too much about being dynamic, and about pushing Flash coding to its limits... and not enough about design! Furthermore, the page barely works in Safari (buttons won't activate, animation pauses for seconds at a time, etc). Works better in IE...

Yeah, it's clean. It's also boring and completely uninspired. At least they have some animation this time, however, which IMO is the point of Flash! If you're gonna be really dynamic, I just think other languages make more sense.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

amen.

Designs for food ZeroInspiration's Avatar
    eh its ok
    When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

Nothinf woth posting in cool sites section in my opinion. I think the pushing the coding to the limit is kewl, but I dont like the orange programmatic look.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

i didn't understand why the animation is so choppy, anyone else get that? It was just some boxes and lines moving.

Design isn't bad, in that it works well. I don't see why its done in flash, could be done in html and have the same impact for me.

Originally posted by stevietat
    i didn't understand why the animation is so choppy, anyone else get that? It was just some boxes and lines moving.

Design isn't bad, in that it works well. I don't see why its done in flash, could be done in html and have the same impact for me.
    yes. If I had to guess, I would say that they prob. left the frame rate too low... maybe 12fps... I like using 24fps to get a more fluid look... esp. when easing an object... It might also be crappy programming and inefficient design... this site is actually kind of crappy IMO.
    Last edited by NOWINNERS; 08-14-2004 at 04:34 PM.

Well it's not crappy, let's be honest. A Stupid remark. But it's not inspiring either. I loved Ego's design's but as with their last site they are obviously targetting their market, and with success.

Not a cool site, but I don't think it was designed to be.......lol frame rate ?...
    Last edited by Peter Rogers; 08-14-2004 at 09:41 PM.

Originally posted by Peter Rogers
    Well it's not crappy, let's be honest. A Stupid remark. But it's not inspiring either. I loved Ego's design's but as with their last site they are obviously targetting their market, and with success.

Not a cool site, but I don't think it was designed to be.......lol frame rate ?...
    I am being honest and I think it's crap...

and why do you lol at my suggestion that framerate can have a negative effect? whether you create animation in the authoring environment or at runtime, framerate is important in creating a smooth and fluid look. I don't think its the most important element but regardless, it is important.

if you think thats a ridiculous statement why dont you make a clip, give it an onEnterFrame event that increases its scale by 5 ... try that movie at different framerates and you will realize what im talking about.

the ego of these guys... sheesh..

without pixel beveling - there isn't much.... old site was better...
    Last edited by asun2art; 08-27-2004 at 12:35 AM.

i was taking a look at their products and it seems that they transformed themselves into a software development company instead of a "creative" flash group... hence the "crappy design" you guys are saying...
    ------------------------
    www.jinchuu.com
    ------------------------

I would guess that a lot of xml is being parsed in the home section of the movie, hence the lag in the animation.

Market Monkey
    Originally posted by NOWINNERS
    I am being honest and I think it's crap...

ditto.

Even if I were to look at the site purely from a programming perspective, it is horrible. Some things just dont work, either. I'll click on something and see a loader bar. Thats it. it just sits there. Nothing is happening. Are the listeners not listening?

So, I thought "surely their "premade" products would work right. Lets check out a case study". I had to refresh the 'Good and Lucky' site three times to get anywhere and when I finally did... I got a message, nicely integrated into Flash, that said "server error!". I know I'd want my client's customers to see that

Originally posted by Peter Rogers

From a marketing perspective, I dont think they are targetting their audience with much success at all. I find the wording on their site a bit confusing, and I am a geek with a business degree.

Oh, well. Its not my business.
    Nothing happens until someone sells something.

Leoni

cheesy

d'ya mean something like this?

www.limmy.com

Greetz,

LeO

y helo thar
    hrm...i think we are missing something...

i think the new ego7 site is made with their product "CMSmx" (flash content management) and shows potential buyers what they can do with it...although it may not be a very impressive demonstration it does get the point across.

Nowinners, I think Peter was laughing at the frame rate notion because I'm sure Ego7 is aware of frame rates and I realllllllllllllllly doubt that that is the reason for the choppiness. Nothing on the site impresses me much, but I have no idea what's running it. I think there's a real need for something like this, but I'm wondering if this is it since everyone's complaining of bugs.
    tap water builds character
    -Aesop Rock

all i see is a grey bg with a cms mx logo.
    popups are enabled but nothing loads.

cache is clear as well.
    ive tried for a few days now

odd.
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

official lurker
    This is purely a guess. But I think that entire site was coded, and not drawn. All of the buttons are created using actionscript, as with the menu's etc.

It might explain the choppiness..

yep. i think its all actionscript. for you avid haters of this ego7 site, i would like to see you design a flash content management system as they have. They are developers, not designers, something which requires a different level of intellectual expertise. personally, i think it is a wonderful site. They are trying to sell software they have developed, no design services.
    FASCISM DOESN'T ALWAYS LOOK LIKE ADOLF HITLER.

damn site! I can't watch it. I tried with mozilla and then with ie but both didn't work. I had to turn on activex scripting or whatever.

I haven't seen it but I can state now that I hate it just because of these problems...