A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Display problems 2.0

Display problems 2.0

alright, I have a second graphics card that I want to put in so I can have dual monitors, I know the gcard works because I tried it on another comp and it works fine. when I try to use it, I go to the add hardware wizard, and it gets this, "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" its a pgp card, any ideas?

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Are you installing it in addition to a pci gcard or integrated graphics?
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

in addition to a pci card. like it detects it, and it recognizes what kind of card it is, but it doesn't work for some reason, could it be my mobo, because it worked on a different computer?

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Have you tried it alone without the pci card first?
    Maybe if it is the only card in the box it will use it and then you can add the pci back afterwards.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

tried that, then when I plugged pci card back in this was the error

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

sounds like some sort of IRQ conflict. The pci card doesnt want to share an irq by the sound of it. Try a different slot, if possible. It also may not want to co-exist with a different driver.

Example:
    onboard intel extreme graphics + nvidia pci card = intel graphics drivers + nvidia forceware drivers... probably dont want to play nice together...

but it sounds like an irq conflict to me.
    the sig... its broken...

tried different slot, nothing. how can I fix that irq thing?

*cough*

well, there are lots of things to take into account. so answer these questions and i may be able to scope out the problem a bit more.

1. What operating system are you running
    2. what graphics card are you trying to run *primarily* and what slot type is it
    3. what graphics card are you trying to run *additionally* and what slot type is it
    4. what mobo

the more detail you put into answering those questions the better i may be able to help.

It may be even better if you can attatch your whole computer irq list of your computer. you can find it in system properties area under device manager, but seeing as though i dont know which exact os you are using thats about all i can do to help.

ill help if i can, but do realise that i dont come on flashkit as regular as clockwork, but i can be a bit useful since i do techsupport as my job, so if you really gotta know and aren't in too much of a hurry, persist.
    the sig... its broken...