A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Friend's Web Site

United States Presidential Hopeful in 2028

Friend's Web Site

This is a template style web site that a friend is trying to sell to those franchising with the company.

Would anyone pay $250 for this site and $25 a month to host it? Keep in mind that there is a free HTML template available that is a simple one page with info.

http://djohnson8488.areaedge.com/

Thanks!

"When America ceases to be good, it will cease to be great." de Tocqueville

I dont know $25 a month is a pretty hefty price for hosting. As for the $250 for the site its also hard to say. I personally think it needs alot of work but thats just my opinion. Maybe someone would.

Mr Snowman
    A drinking village with a fishing problem
    $25 a month is at least twice the going market rate. Even with SQL I could not justify that price to my customers. As for the $250, I do not think it is worth that much. The template business is crowded and I have seen better value than your offering. Sorry if I sound mean.
    Life is just a bunch of swf's

not worth the price at all. web hosting should be about 15 a month. and the template doesnt work well. the background image is was to blurry because and the text is to generic. need to be spiced up alot

Definetely not worth it. The site is subpar, so the consumer should expect to get a subpar website. I can get a .com and my site hosted for less than 6$ a month, so $25 monthly is too much. I know better websites selling for under $200. No offense, but I'm just keeping it real.

Ryan Wilson
    Creative Director
    3rd Lounge Inc
    http://www.3rdlounge.com

Uber STP
    i agree, with what everyone said. But some of the design ideas in the site have some potential. Just needs some work. Tell your friend to keep at it.... We all start somewhere.
    Tyler B.
    Freelancer
    Firefox 2.0.0.3 | Win Vista (unfortunatly) | 1280x720

what I think

I would charge them 100 bucks and then 15 a month for hosting. Here is the problem I see,

yeah the graphics are blured as if they were blown up (size increased) with a low quality photo to start with. Up the frame rate so it moves quicker and smoother.

I would have to say that 25 bucks is high to us as we all know how and where to get cheap hosting.. but think about someone getting their car fixed and the mechanic asked his mechanic friends. im charging this person 45 bucks to change their oil... the friends might laugh and say wow thats pricy.. they know where or how they can get it down for 10 bucks.. where the avg person would probably pay 20 to 30..

25 is not out of reason , 15 is nice, and certainly 10 is grand, 200 bucks for a website, I would say that most people are doing them now so cheap around that price that even a bad flash site is worth 200 bucks, if they get a better one they really are getting a steal, as figure if it takes you 8 hours to do a decent flash site, if you are paying yourself 20 bucks a hour thats 160, I am sure there is a bit more than 8 hours in most sites if you count the time to think of a layout, modify some graahics choose sounds n such.. and 20 bucks a hour for someone doing flash should be a given, anything less and your cheating yourself, might as well hire folks from India

really horrid site dude, looks like somthing you would see in 1997, yuck. No one should be paying 20$ + for that website. And 25$ hosting? not worth it the slightest bit.
    drew-\\dxh-studios.com\\