http://www.stevemurray.com

http://www.stevemurray.com

nice transitions, beauitiful photography
    .-->
    (
    )_____)

Good find.

A very nice site.

I like the photography and the selects screen for the pics.

-NITIN ANAND-
    http://www.nanand78.com
    :::::::::: HTTP://WWW.NANAND78.COM ::::::::::

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Clean, smooth, attractive...
    No complaints. Not outstanding, but there's nothing wrong with it.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

Terrible Navigation....left after 30sec's

can't we atleast design for 1024X768
    http://www.newinteractivemedia.com

although it's a nice site ... the nav is terrible ... I wish he had put his menu on top of the page.

Also,

I'm running on 1024 x 768 and I have 2 scrollbars (hor and vert). That's to bad.

p.s ... I also left after around 30 secs ...
    Life is an X-periment , so sit back and enjoy !!!

God is real ... unless declared int.

http://www.leihitu.nl

well contrary to the majority here..I like it...

I think it does what its suppose to, display the PHOTOGRAPHY..which by the way is GREAT..... the navigation is a little crazy..and hard to know if you already seen an image....

but that is minor here... again..the images he displays are beautiful..and very "cultured"...

simple, to the point..and nicely done..

-whispers-

i'm with whispers,

i thought the small thumbs were awesome used the whole screen to view the great pics.

I hate the navigation.

nice and smooth

nice and smooth site! very good quality pictures and nice picture selection menu.

very cool site steve,

rthdesign
    http://www.rthdesign.nl

I like the overall look and feel of the site, but the navigation would chase me away and keep me from coming back. For me, the thumbnails are way too small to have any idea what the image is and I have no interest in clicking on every thumbnail to see the full size image. The ones I did click on were very good.

Wow, cool photography, nice enough design but my first thought was "stop moving you stupid little thumbnails!" I think there are a few times when a nav that slides back and forth is actually somewhat intuative but I've noticed that mostly they just frustrate me. I looked longer than 30 but eventually I left because of the navigation too.

2HT

New version just updated

-Everyone,
    I have just updated the newest version of Steve's site and I am working now on the slide presentation for the automated show. For right now I worked out all the kinks in the initial thumbnails and that's set for the still photography section. I placed a scrollbar instead of using the user's mouse to move through the pictures. Also, faster movement with better scripting on moving the very very large 1010 x 460 images across the screen. Take a look and give me some feedback now. :-) Please make sure you have a LARGE screen at least 1024 x 768+ recommended. Enjoy!~ and please leave some comments now. I want to see how many we can get on the message board. Completely integrated with mySQL/PHP.

cheers,
    :::ninu:::

I like it, the motion is nice and smooth. Maybe a little light of the graphics side of things.
    Keep it rural.

clean and smooth. why set it at such a large resolution though? it just abandons most people on the internet.
    www.Southshoregraphics.com
    Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector
    Amazing Web Hosting

2HT
    For those of you who might wonder exactly WHY the whole thing is so large in dimension, the answer is that the client is a movie director/photographer and he wanted the entire flash file to be large enough to show all of his 1000 x 464 widescreen shots in one go. Most people in his industry are geared with monitor resolutions of 1600 x 1200 and he wanted his audience to be solely focused upon that area. Hence, I had to deliver what the client wanted. Despite how large the movie was in the window, I had a hard time using what 'little' real estate I was offered for the rest in terms of navigation and alignment.

Is it just me or is the photo transition effect a lame attempt to copy the effect on the eccentris.com website? I don't think the photography is that great either. There are way better photo sites out there imho. Kept my attention for 15 seconds though.

2HT
    Frankman you are totally entitled to your opinion in that regard. I have to disagree with you in the sense that there are way better other photography sites. Steve Murray has his own style and filming eye. If you're an artist there is something called respect for each person's work and the professionalism involved with that. Please post on this forum topic exactly what sites you are talking about that display much better photography than this site. The world around us is always focusing upon fashion, fast paced life, and the entire digital revolution of sci-fi and futuristic looks. Steve focuses upon TRUE earth objects, moments in time, and mediums that suit his area of work.

On the reference towards eccentris, the project was not trying to be a rip in the slightest sense. The client wanted true smooth transitions in 1000 x 400+ dimension photographs and each and every single picture has it's own special background which was handpicked by the client and myself. Each picture is brought into full view with the selected background and the client wanted such a transition instead of having a sweep, fade in, or anything else.

Originally posted by ninudesi
    For those of you who might wonder exactly WHY the whole thing is so large in dimension, the answer is that the client is a movie director/photographer and he wanted the entire flash file to be large enough to show all of his 1000 x 464 widescreen shots in one go. Most people in his industry are geared with monitor resolutions of 1600 x 1200 and he wanted his audience to be solely focused upon that area. Hence, I had to deliver what the client wanted. Despite how large the movie was in the window, I had a hard time using what 'little' real estate I was offered for the rest in terms of navigation and alignment.
    Thats cool. if his client base overwhelmingly uses high resolution settings, then thats where the money is. Cater to them. It's a smooth website and he's a fantastic photographer.
    www.Southshoregraphics.com
    Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector
    Amazing Web Hosting

Nice and clean, not too much to figure out how to move around. I would like it better if the menu was on top instead.
    Last edited by Uniq; 11-01-2004 at 08:16 AM.
    "Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not."

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    I must admit like a few others here I was a little stumped by the nav. I wanted to see the still images but couldn't see how to get at them, and was pretty close to walking out too.

But once my dumb brain "got" it and scrolled down (i'm on 1024x768) and found the little thumbnails at the bottom I really enjoyed the site and checked out all the pics.

I bet on a big res it looks fantastic and if thats what the client wants it makes total sense.

Now that I know how to use the site I really like it, clean, quick, absolutely beatiful images especially the travel ones.

yeah good job, going in my faves bookmarks