A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Project

Flash Project

I am looking to start a little flash project, which is sort of like the game Telephone. I have started a short animation, and i wish to give it to some else who will then pass it along until it eventually comes back to me. If you are interested, please email me.

I think it would be an intesting experiment. Let me know your thoughts.

thanks

Helkit.

What's the game Telephone?

And I wouldn't post the same thing in multiple boards, you'd get more of a response.
    Keep it rural.

Flash project

Telephone is a game where you have a group of people, and one person says something to someone of their right, and it goes around to everyone till it comes back to the original person. Usually what comes back is totally different from what was initally started.

So my idea was to start an animation, and pass it along to X number of people and in the end, see what it turned out to be.

Thanks for the advice on posting.

Mmmm...

cool idea.

Re: Flash project

Originally posted by Helkit
    Telephone is a game where you have a group of people, and one person says something to someone of their right, and it goes around to everyone till it comes back to the original person. Usually what comes back is totally different from what was initally started.
    Also called 'Chinease Whispers' tho how politically correct that is now I don't know, maybe thats why it's called 'Telephone'?

So Helkit what exactly are you meaning?
    You start an animation, then someone else takes it and adds a bit to it and passes it on again, the next person adds to it and passes it on and so on and so forth?
    If so then that sounds more likea Flash Tennis battle, like the ones done in Photoshop in FKs arena.

Also if you're planning on starting a community project then I wouldn't do it too soon. Xup will be starting the new 'Channel Surfing' soon and there will be others shortly to follow. Though I guess if you really want to make a go of it thats cool
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

Ah, chinese whispers, reminds me of the Heinz advert before Emmerdale.
    Keep it rural.

Flash Project...

Olly K can you tell me more about the battles in:

Photoshop in FKs arena

and

What or Who is Xup?

This is like what you stated, you add a little, and pass it on.
    So is anyone interested, if so I can forward you a zip file, which would also contain a .txt file. The text file would be optional, but I would want a participant to add their email to it, so I can give them credit later. It would also list out who and worked on the project and state my email so I could get the final at some later date.

thanks

HeLkiT

is there any quality requirement? (not because im bad), does it have to be frame by frame? is there sound on it?
    ill probably be in, my email is arikb13@hotmail.com

Re: Flash Project...

Olly K can you tell me more about the battles in:
    Photoshop in FKs arena
    Ok on the main list of all the boards/forums at Flashkit, right at the bottom there is one called 'The Arena'.
    In here people set challenges where they manipulate an image in Photoshop, the someone else takes it and messes about with it - adds things removes things changes the colour - so that it becomes a new image but still with elements of the old in it. Sometimes they do this back and forth between two people sometimes its a group thing where anyone can take up the next image. A few Flash ones have been done in there before, the same idea as yours

and
    What or Who is Xup?
    lol!
    Xup is a member here http://www.flashkit.com/board/member...o&userid=53286
    And is organising the next 'Channel Surfing' Community Animation Project (sometimes reffered to as a CAP). It'll be the third and its become fairly popular.

I just dont want your project to be left out because people are too busy with another project or something similar. If a load of people are ready to do it now then go ahead with it, but otherwise dont be surprised if people are too busy.
    Good luck with it
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

Flash Project

arikb

No quality requirements, I will send you the "template" add what you want, as long as it works I don't really care what you do. It is totally up to you.

Olly K

Thanks for the input, sounds interesting, I would like to "photoshop battle" hahaha.

I would at least like to try my project, even if I don't get tons or responses.

thanks everyone

Helkit

No quality requirements, I will send you the "template" add what you want, as long as it works I don't really care what you do. It is totally up to you.

ha, I think that would suck...

Flash Project

cartoon guy,

you right it would suck is someone put up bad work, but it is an experiment in collaboration of styles not ability.

plus i would hope that if someone did do something, they would try to do something decent.

helkit

count me in, here is my email info at looqdesign.com

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ha, I think that would suck...
    thats why i asked

Flash Project

Cartoon Guy

send arikb and email for the flash file, I have already given him it.
    His email is: arikb13@hotmail.com

Arikb
    I sent you the file yesterday, let me know if for some reason you did not get it.

Helkit

i didnt get it

Re: Flash Project

Olly K
    Thanks for the input, sounds interesting, I would like to "photoshop battle" hahaha.
    I would at least like to try my project, even if I don't get tons or responses.
    thanks everyone
    Helkit
    Ok cool
    I would offer to join in and support you but I'm overloaded with uni things at the moment! Good luck though and I look forward to seeing the final result
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

flash project file

arikb

i just resent it, if you don't get it soon, I will put it up for you to download.

l8

helkit.

hi,

arikb, email me when you are done with it. here is my email. info at looqdesign.com

5 time olympic gold medalist fiddlestick5's Avatar

Re: Flash Project

I'm down