A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: So minijuegos.com stole my half finished flash

sometimes I just don't get it, if a guy can see your code what can he do then ? It's not like he can convert it into .fla to be edited or is there a tool to do the conversion which I don't know ??

it's still hard to understand how your code work judging that your script will be scattered around (in buttons, keyframes, etc). but hey, even an exe file can be hacked so I think the logic follows with bytecode if you know what I mean

I'm more worry about if the guy stole my arts rather than my script (I don't care actually if a guy can see my code) or if the guy find a way to find how flash send data to the server but heyyy it's not like we all trying to make data sensitive flash games, right ??

the other problem which isn't concern with viewing your actionscript is how they stole your games or hotlinking a.k.a leeching them which is soo bad in many ways and I think that's the reason why this thread is started.
    Motorama, riding can be tough in deed !
    www.motoramagame.com
    Fun web games for all !!!
    www.iplayallday.com

sometimes I just don't get it, if a guy can see your code what can he do then ? It's not like he can convert it into .fla to be edited or is there a tool to do the conversion which I don't know ??

it's still hard to understand how your code work judging that your script will be scattered around (in buttons, keyframes, etc).
    personally speaking I keep 99.9% of code in one place (or at least it is when compiled, ie. all included .as files brought together) so it can easily be reused.

graphics, images, movieclips etc. can all be ripped out seperately too.

ahh.. still coding like the old days eh ? there's nothing wrong with it though and I'm trying to patronize anyone but for me I like to keep things modular to increase reusability of my resources not my code, in fact I don't know how squizing your code into a single .as file can help you with reusability.

for ex. I rather put my code according to its object (movieclip, button, etc) that way when I need that object to be reused I just move/copy the whole object instead of copy paste the code again, this works fine for my "option" movieclip.

The MX2004 advanced its predecessor by allowing us to make class.. yay ! now we're talking ! wait.. inherited (a.k.a extends)an object too ! double yay ! wait.. sucky editor/interface..! ohhh .. well maybe next time macromedia
    Motorama, riding can be tough in deed !
    www.motoramagame.com
    Fun web games for all !!!
    www.iplayallday.com

ahh.. still coding like the old days eh ? there's nothing wrong with it though and I'm trying to patronize anyone but for me I like to keep things modular to increase reusability of my resources not my code, in fact I don't know how squizing your code into a single .as file can help you with reusability.
    ahh, I must not have been clear..

ie. all included .as files brought together
    as in several .as files together, not one single one!

for ex. I rather put my code according to its object (movieclip, button, etc) that way when I need that object to be reused I just move/copy the whole object instead of copy paste the code again, this works fine for my "option" movieclip.
    I try to never put code in an mc/button.

by keeping it separate it can applied to any other mc/button without having to drag over and adapt an existing object. By keeping a separate libraries of code and objects, each can applied to any other.

modular!

when I say it can be 'easily reused' I mean by the 'hacker' type chap who decompiles the swf !

Sure, you can load some variables from other files and check if they exist, but its not hard to remove that if(my_protection_variable_exists) command inside swf.
    YEah but i was thinking about that variables being very important to the game,without them the game doesnt work, they arent here just to check