Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Originally posted by asheep_uk
    Thanks stevieat, I'll stop complaining

el-Ignoramus: I want 12" so it will fit in my bag

you can always clip it wotha saw or a swiss army knife

well if it's size VS performance, then get a Sony or a Latitude Dell

But I want both!

Macs are Macs and Pcs are Pcs....done

and when it all comes down to it, why are we comparing mac and pc hardware? you can't just compare # specs, as they are clocked differently...

and when it really comes down to it all the hardware has nothing to do with it. you are all comparing OS's...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

you can do more with a PC and windows than a MAC,

THERE!!
    LOL

funny shiznit
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    I wont get a mac because gerbick once told me not to
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    Sheepy, just to rain on your parade or pee in your pool or whatever they say

Dell Inspiron 9100 2.8 GHz with 1 GB RAM, CD-RW/DVD-RW, 128 MB Video Graphics, 15.4 WUXGA that's 1740*1200, and built in everything, Wireless network, bluetooth, you name it

and you still get 150$ in mail rebate, and as a bonus it builds your muscles by it's bulk of 4 KGms or something
    Its only $2,091 configured the same way as a Power Book. http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...#bottom_anchor

I think someone was going to argue which is better RISC or CISC systems. I'm going to laugh now as the CPUS are not the same. The apple CPU gives you more performance than the Intel does at the same clockspeed becuase one is RISC and the other is CISC.

Next you will be saying that the Via C3 is as good a Processor as a Pentium M clocked at the same speed. Not to knock Via but the reason you would purchase a C3 is not performance but rather that it costs $30 - $50 and it has a low power draw/heat output.

BLAH!!

Windows.

Yes, macs are cool all right, but the main reason I dont get a mac is price.
    That, and the fact that gaming is still better on a PC
    |"Silence teaches you how to sing"

Señor member
    Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    Sheepy, just to rain on your parade or pee in your pool or whatever they say

Dell Inspiron 9100 2.8 GHz with 1 GB RAM, CD-RW/DVD-RW, 128 MB Video Graphics, 15.4 WUXGA that's 1740*1200, and built in everything, Wireless network, bluetooth, you name it

and you still get 150$ in mail rebate, and as a bonus it builds your muscles by it's bulk of 4 KGms or something
    But does it look cool? I doubt it.

Originally posted by asheep_uk
    Thanks stevieat, I'll stop complaining

el-Ignoramus: I want 12" so it will fit in my bag
    For the $150 you have spare from this superior machine, you could also buy a new backpack/bag.

//

As for the whole switch thing, I'd only go for a mac because they look cooler than a PC. I switched to win XP a while back and it's a superb OS. Never crashed once and I leave my PC on 24/7.

The switch is for some but why do some mac users insist on trying to convert people? A PC for the same money is generally better specced and for your average person, being able to click on map to set your system time isn't a big deal.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Originally posted by jamble7000
    But does it look cool? I doubt it.

Ouch you got me there, actually My old Inspiron 8000 looks way mmuch cooler t5han it, and is much lighter, but I never really cared for weight, at 6'1" I shouldn't care, plus Dell make Desktop Replacements, i.e. no fiddling with modular components, or external crap

My Brother-in-Law has a smaller HP, but he carries a much bigger bag for all the externals kinda beats the idea of a laptop