A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: criminalclothing.com

www.criminalclothing.com

just got a mail from them http://www.criminalclothing.com
    and fund the site nice and cool

did a search on www.criminalclothing.com and criminalclothing so hope it hasnt been posted befor

pretty interesting. Penthouse was nice

alllllrriiiigghhhttyyy thhhheennn

what is this world coming too..............

Criminal Clothing? Couldnt be anymore original with the name.

I've always wondered about sites that create environments like that. What filters/settings do I mess with in PS to get that surreal type look?

no real trick that will give you that effect, i dont think its really surreal. Im not actually sure but they look like 3d renders, just messed with in photoshop.

Also junior_ab i think your footer is too big
    check out the rules here:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...threadid=41172

Yes....how was the penthouse created.......

I need to make some environment stuff........

Anyone done stuff like this before?

N_R_D,
    I think it is a secret...I have wanted to know for months...and I never get a solution...oh well.

I think it was created in a 3d program, like 3d studio max lightwave or cinema4d.

What they do, or how i would do it, is to make the scene in the 3d app, get all teh texturing ect then render out a short animation for each transition. Then render out at higher definion the bacground for each page, eg the penthouse opening page. Then in photoshop make the rollover glow - export it as a png and overlay it over the background image. Then when you click the image you send the flash file to play the specific transition animation and end up at the next page.

Its actually linear - you have to go back to teh main penthouse to acess a new section, so it only means making transiton animations in and back out to the main penthouse page.

I guess it would be in a 3d proggie....Damn...thats a grip of work then for that penthouse....

Know of any good 3d tutes?

to do stuff liek that?

i think it depends on your program, personally i cant model anything more complicated than a ping pong ball, im sure there are tutorials for interioir scenes, to get the lighting correct etc, but as for the actual modeling, its just skill + practice i guess.

You might want to ask any more questions in the 3d forum.
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/forumd...php?forumid=16

Designs for food ZeroInspiration's Avatar
    I hated the outer glow on the roll overs its like the default glow that you get with photoshop outer glow layer style you know the one that no matter what your using it on looks bad lol. But its a pretty nice site, it went into my cool sites favs
    When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

Originally posted by N_R_D
    I guess it would be in a 3d proggie....Damn...thats a grip of work then for that penthouse....

Know of any good 3d tutes?

to do stuff liek that?
    for simple objects use 3d max with brazil render or maya with mental ray you dont have to make detailed models if your Photochop skills make up.

what I would like to know about...is what software is used for the zoom effect from room to close up of selection...that is the tutorial I want

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Originally posted by junior_ab
    for simple objects use 3d max with brazil render or maya with mental ray you dont have to make detailed models if your Photochop skills make up.
    Junior_ab, as ctranter mentioned your footer is too large. It needs to be 300x40 no bigger.

Originally posted by mtpgoat
    what I would like to know about...is what software is used for the zoom effect from room to close up of selection...that is the tutorial I want
    You can achieve that zoom effect in Photoshop or AfterEffects
    Filter >>Blur >>Radial Blur>>Blur Method(Zoom)

Originally posted by gasbag15
    Junior_ab, as ctranter mentioned your footer is too large. It needs to be 300x40 no bigger.
    -whispers-

yes I used that effect on www.teklabstudios.com for menu trasition but theres moves and rotates...I am assuming that is done in after effects.

by the way...I am not promoting my work in any way...I have a question and realize that the site is not "cool site" worthy.

Originally posted by mtpgoat
    by the way...I am not promoting my work in any way...I have a question and realize that the site is not "cool site" worthy.
    It's worth viewing I thought it was a good example.

thanks...I am new to this (only about 4-5 months) and so I have so many questions and so little knowledge..I appreciate it and flashkit...