A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button not working

Button not working

Thank you for the help in advance.....

I am loading an external swf. into my main movie. I have a button located within my external swf that is no longer working. I think that it has something to do with the _root, but I am not sure how to get it to do what I want. When I press the button, it should play another movie clip within the external swf.

My code on the button right now is:

on (release) {
    _root.Body_mc.attachMovie("Text3a_mc", "myText3a_mc", 1);
    removeMovieClip(myText12_mc);
    }

I think my problem is that root is calling the main timeline now. How do I get it to call the main timeline of the external swf.??? I hope this makes sense.

Can u post fla
    Muhammad Khurram Alvi.

It is very large, even zipped......

There are two fla that I would have to send

Basically, I have a main movie....when I hit a button an external swf. loads into the main timeline. In this loaded swf. I have buttons that next and previous buttons that load text movie clips from within the swf. Please do not pay attention to the actual movie clips in the script.

When I tested the movie, when the external swf is loaded, the "next" button does not do anything. I think my problem is the _root is now calling the main movies timeline and not the loaded swf.

I hope this is not confusing.....any suggestions as to what the code should be on the button??