A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: go easy, its taken me ages.

im liking the animations, dont like the sound and dont like the animated cursor,

on the hole, good job mate

j

www.designerunderground.co.uk
    The cow is pretty cool.
    I would say loose the custom cursor, try it on a few differnet machines and you'll find the lag frustrating.
    I can't read the text at the bottom.
    I think you should consider different fonts, especially 'free range...' - I quite like 'digital farm' as it is.
    I think you should keep the cow displayed throughout, and make his/her/its patches customisable.
    +
    You are not your job. You are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You are not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis.

stef - digital-farm.co.uk Stefan150's Avatar
    Thanks again guys.

I respect what you are saying about the customised mouse. but I was trying to make it look like a fly that the farm animals are looking at. if it was just a mouse pointer then it doesnt really flow with the concept I am trying to create dont you think?.

are you sure it should go because im really not sure... if all you guys think so then I'll change it but otherwise, personally i think it kinda works.

as for the changing of the changing of the "free range...." text below the Digital Farm.... does everyone agree that should change to a different text to?

Thanks so much for all your help people. What you have advised so far has really helped and I want to really thank you all.

never really liked custom cursors myself, but it seems to go with the site. looks good.

Originally posted by Stefan150
    your comments ****

Pops ups are **** - why?
    The font use is **** - I'll look into it.
    Animations are choppy - WTF? go on, admit it, you want to sound like you know what your talking about don’t you.... bless. ‘choppy’ I think you need to look up the word mate.
    "free range new media and design solution .... crap”. - do you care to elaborate.

I checked out your personal site
    http://www.geocities.com/fathersdaydon/ - And going by that, I wont be listening to your criticism. Stick to the back-end and stop talking out of it dude.

First of all, the URL you posted does not link to my personal site. I honestly have no idea who made that site or why you thought it was mine... really. In any case, the **** that you see was automatically inserted in place of the "obscene" words I used to describe your site.

1.Pop ups are **** -- pop ups are intrusive and annoying. Furthermore, the pop ups you use are so small and uninformative. Why use them at all...

2.The font use is **** -- yes... you are using a cheap pixel font probably set at the wrong font size.

3.Animations are choppy -- meaning they are rough... the elements of your animation abruptly shift position and are not very fluid... I think you will find my use of the word "choppy" in this sense, commonplace and legitimate.

4.free range new media and design solution -- I just think the use of "free range" is ridiculous.

I think your site sucks... and Im being honest. Oh well.

flash surfer

individuality

individuality in the about us section has two iii's
    the site is good, perhaps though, you have over used the flash fonts in this one...just like i like to. it make a site a little too digital, putting it out of touch with the wider world..
    great illustrations...!
    http://www.freak.freightgraff.com/ciscov2
    don't eat the yellow snow. lets stop this beatin' around the bush.(beat the bush)

Originally posted by NOWINNERS
    First of all, the URL you posted does not link to my personal site. I honestly have no idea who made that site or why you thought it was mine... really. In any case, the **** that you see was automatically inserted in place of the "obscene" words I used to describe your site.

1.Pop ups are **** -- pop ups are intrusive and annoying. Furthermore, the pop ups you use are so small and uninformative. Why use them at all...

2.The font use is **** -- yes... you are using a cheap pixel font probably set at the wrong font size.

3.Animations are choppy -- meaning they are rough... the elements of your animation abruptly shift position and are not very fluid... I think you will find my use of the word "choppy" in this sense, commonplace and legitimate.

4.free range new media and design solution -- I just think the use of "free range" is ridiculous.

I would be very interested to see some of your work, you clearly know much more about me than branding, animation and concept design, your stuff must be amazing.

No elements of my animation 'abruptly shift' you are talking out of your ass.
    You are clearly not grasping the concept of the site or else you wouldnt find 'free range" ridiculous.

As far as i am convinced, quite simply you are wrong. Don't worry mate, it happens.

Hi,

I like the idea of the custom mouse cursor, but I would expect it to turn back into a pointer when highlighting menu items or UI components e.g close button etc.

I think the popups are unnecessary as you have so much space in the main window. If you click a section, simply fade/remove the cow and use the space you have.

One solution would be to drag the section out with the title finishing on the far left and the content resting between that and the other menus. Does that make sense?

I agree about the fonts. They look oversized and therefore quite blurry. A simple adjustment though.

Have a look at your composition, as IMHO having that tree slap bang in the center is really hard on the eyes.

Overall I like the concept and the illustrations.

Some Games
    -----------------------

the thud of the body rabbitkiller's Avatar
    Hey!
    Your cow scared me to death with it's huge weird eye.
    I aint a fan of custom mouse pointers either...
    Kinda freaky.
    world[i] = new world();

Originally posted by NOWINNERS

I think that was the personal site...cause all I did was hit the www in your profile and that site came up......just me guessing.

and free range is GREAT.....that has to do with cows out to pasture.......Leave it...its great.

K guys changed the font.... and a few other small things, is this better

www.digital-farm.co.uk

IMO, the custom mouse pointer is a bit annoying. It may just be a personal thing but I prefer to use my own mouse...

Also, when you have the "Our Services" window up, and you click the "Our Services" again, it launches one of the old popups.

Its lookin good.

Regards,

LP

very nice

not a huge fan of custom pointers either, but fantastic page. VERY original, i like the detail, but it still is plain... not too complicated. ive been on a simplifying kick lately... my site is WAY too crowded!!!! SIMPLIFY!!! love it. cheers

www.nineonezero.com