A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my new company website

my new company website

ok heres my company site.

be critical i like critical.

http://www.onenetwork.tv
    edit : the presenter video hasnt been shot yet currently working on it so dont wait for the thing to load.
    Last edited by ogri; 09-21-2004 at 12:40 PM.

OK does that presenter ever load or did i just wait a couple minutes for nothing? Also site takes too long to load. I don't know how big the file size is but it took way to long to download. Also on my 1GHz P3 machine with 1GB of ram at work that globe is spinning real choppy. Don't know if this is framerate or if the movie just demands too much.

Also that beep sound you use on the buttons. OUCH! I dont know what it sounds like with speakers but with headphones it's earpiercing.

So basically work on optimizing the file. Look who your user base is gonna be, if a lot of people are using dial up then you definately need to cut down the file size, preferable around 100K or so. Or provide an alternative webpage for them to view.

im catering for broadband only. 1024 x 768 minimum. 1500 mhz minimum.
    the content ie the tv channels demand broadband so theres no point playing to 56k modems.

you think the sound on the buttons is loud but ive tested on quite a few pcs and you can hardly hear it. buy cheaper headphones next time.lol

thanks for the input ive been trying to figure a way to shrink the file size. ill keep at it.

thanks again.

Well, let's just worry about making the page good and not try to cater to certain audiences just yet.

I'd scale it down a bit and not try to do such large animations. You can "cheat" and get the same (better) effects that take up less space.

On a 2.5GHz P4 with 1GB Ram the globe is real choppy and also the fireworks / balloons. The slider on the text should be a little easier to 'grab' with the mouse as it may annoy people. In the main area (after clicking login) there is a strange sharp edged, circular bit that looks unfinished. Are you intending to put something there? If not it looks wrong.

One day I will understand this
    you might want to consider spelling MAXIMIZE during the load.

lol i didnt spell it right omg. brb i fix it.

thanks for pointing it out.

what do you think of the site as a whole given it takes a little bit to load in its current state ballons and fireworks and all. they will be removed after the site goes public.

yes im adding a presenter and small adverts in some of the white space.

iv e been thinking the globe is too large but i feel the site looks empty without it. theres not much real content other than the tv stations.

thanks for the input appreciated.