A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preloader please help¡¡

preloader please help¡¡

Hi I have a problem I made my hole page on flash. Then I made some little movies swf. and their are all linked to mi index flash.

the problem is. Everytime someone hits the button, it takes to long to load movie, they are really big about 300 kb each. How can i put apreloader, or a loading animation, sincronized, everytime they hit the button and flash try to load_movie.

Thnks

ramon@produccionesir.com

Just for note, my buttons are inside of a movie clip on frame 27 layer 10. I need a preloader for an action button, the action will be Load_movie.swf.

thnx

Banned

Banned
    Ok! Just downloaded your .fla in your other thread...

Don't have much time to look into it this afternoon, but will later, if nobody else responds...

Must I understand that these are all external sounds .swfs, that you're simply loading on level 1, and that you want the preloader to appear for each one of them?

Can you attach one of these movies' .flas, such as your hamburmu.fla, zipped up and in MX only format, so that I can see how you've done these?

Banned
    Ok! Had a quick look, and it does work for me if you give an instance name of "containerMC" to the containerMC movie clip on your layer 15. Presently it only has a Library name, but the instance on stage has no instance name.
    You might want to ajust the positioning and/or colors of the preloader's displays, once you get it going.
    Remember, that you should use the full server url (http://www.produccionesir.com/hamburmu.swf), if you are testing this locally, and that you should clear your Temporary Internet Files' cache between each test.
    This preloader is design to NOT appear if the file is already cached!

EDIT: BTW, your last link is dead, and ends up on a 404.

thnks i will try. I think that sholub be.

Thanks so much

Monclas

Hi, It seem to work once, but i need it shows preloader everytime a portafolio button is hit.

How Can I solve this, it works for one button for no for more

I think the problem maybe "about" , am i right?, do i have to change it?.

Banned
    No, you shouldn't be using that "about" stuff... That was refering to my "about" button in my preloader example, and is simply there to avoid re-loading the movie if it's already presently displayed... You could use the same technique but set the _level0.current_selection variable according to which sound file is loaded on each button press...

So I just have to put _level0.current_selection and then the variable its "0" and I need to asign more numbers, like 1,2,3,4, etc. Is that right?

Thnks

or change "about" for "movie.swf"

just a little bit confused jaja.

thnks

Banned
    I'd use something relevant as "hamburmu", "spot1", etc... Something that identifies what sound.swf is in fact being loaded!
    Get it?