A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLASH movie setup so that everyone sees it in full screen???

Hi!
    I need some help on setting the display demensions for my FLASH movie in html...
    How do I make it so that everyone sees the movie at the same resolution. (Full Screen without scrolling)
    If someone has their display set at 800 X 600, I want it to look exactly like it is viewed in 1024 X 768...

I really need the help!!
    Thanks!!
    Norbert

Hi and Welcome to FlashKit!

Well, if you want your flash to display at exactly the same size every time, then you really need to design at a common display size that will suit most monitors. This probably means somewhere between 640x480 and 600x800. That way, people with lower resolutions see the screen without having to scroll and so do larger screens and flash can easily display the movie at the exact dimensions. However, this does mean that your site will be quite small on a large res monitor. If you want, as you also say, full screen, then you can set your movie to display as a percentage of the screen (100%)in your publish settings and it will expand to fill the screen. Be careful of any bitmaps and make sure that they don't pixelize too much when they expand.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

Hi and welcome to Flashkit

One option: Set the publish setings to 100 % width and hight + set the window dropdownmenu to exact fit .

Thanks for the help... I'm not sure if that will work but I will try anyway. If I run into a problem, I will be back!

Problems

I tired what you said in the "Publish Settings" and when I clicked on it, I get this error message...
    "No valid HTML Templates are available to complete this operation"...
    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN. I never had that problem before, on other computers...

Re: Problems

Make sure your Flash startup icon is in your Flash folder, along with your html templates.

html templates..

Can you be a little more specific... Please and thank you!

Lightbulb Nevermind... I got it now... Sorry!

Thanks!