A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cell Phone Question

Cell Phone Question

Alright, i'm not 18, so I can't get my own plan unless I get one of the prepaid kind, but all the phones they come with kinda suck. I know T-Mobile lets you use any T-Mobile phone. I want this phone, I can find it cheaper, but that is for AT&T. This one is unlocked, which i'm pretty sure means is I can use it on any carrier, is that true? And will they give me a hard time at the T-Mobile store about it not being a specifically T-Mobile brand phone? And also, how do you unlock a phone, because I can get that for like $50-$100 cheaper, but it is for AT&T service.

I say take it to the service you want to get and let them check. There should be a little chip underneath the battery that is the actual lock. They are set to fry them selves if tampered with or if too many unlock codes fail. The new provider should just have to put one of their chips in.

unlocked phones are more expensive: they let you change company without any fuss, you just change your card and that's it. you can even have various plan with different companies and just one unlocked phone.

Originally posted by jAQUAN
    I say take it to the service you want to get and let them check. There should be a little chip underneath the battery that is the actual lock. They are set to fry them selves if tampered with or if too many unlock codes fail. The new provider should just have to put one of their chips in.
    about how much will it cost for them to take it out and throw in a new one?

I'm 99% sure that for pre-paid plans, you must use the phones provided.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

quote from t-mobile site

What phone models can I use with T-Mobile To Go service?

All T-Mobile GSM phones will work with our prepay service. To get started, simply visit a retail store or authorized dealer and purchase the phone of your choice, plus an activation code.

Unlocking phones is a common thing here... costs about £5-£10, takes 10 minutes and it does mean you can use any simcard in your phone.

No idea how it works where you are though

sometimes unlocking won't work, just depends what brands the cell phone provider uses on the network. I know verizon you can use any phone for prepaid, also, prepaid is just a little more than monthly bill. I have a Samsung A10 if you want to buy it
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

hi codes are the best method to unlock your mobile .to purchase
    the codes visit here mobilunlocksolutions.com here they ask the imei number of the mobile .finally they will
    send you the codes to unlock your mobile and to get the instruction about how to use the codes in your mobile visit mobileunlockguide.com here they
    provide free guide about how to use the codes.