A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 360 degree object

360 degree object

Hi. Does anyone know how you would get an image in flash to rotate 360 degrees with the cursor, just like you can do when viewing mobile phones on certain websites!!?

You could, for instance, have a movie clip with 36 frames containing 36 bitmap images representing a 3d shot every 10 degrees.

As the user rotates your object left, you decrement the frame # you want to display in your movie clip.
    As the user rotates your object right, you increment the frame # you want to display in your movie clip.
    If you go below the first frame, or past the last frame, just wrap around to the other end.

Best,
    Nader Nejat // Multimedia Consultant + Developer
    OmegaMedia // http://www.omegamedia.com
    "We help people take advantage of interactive media"

Hi thanks for the reply. so ok, what you're saying is that i'll have to take a number of photos each at different 10 degree angels from each other, and input these into 36 frames of a movie clip? sorry if i sound confused, i'm still getting to grips with using flash. is it possible for you to break this task down and give a kind of step by step process? thanks.

Please do not cross post the same question in mulitple forums. Please keep topics in this forum related to Flash for Mobile Devices.