A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Resizing

Resizing

Is there anyway that you can disable the resizing of a swf if you don't embed it into an HTML?

For reasons beyond my control, I cannot embed my movies into an HTML file for this project. However, they absolutely cannot be resized because I used many bitmaps. People with 800 x 600 resolutions are seeing blurry messes because their browsers are distorting my images. The only solution that I can think of is to embed them into an HTML file that does not allow them to be resized, but alas it's the one method I cannot use.
    Rach

hi,
    you can use: fscommand("allowscale",false);

Still Doesn't Work

Unfortunately FSCommand won't work because they are being viewed within a Browser, I'm just not allowed to embed them. Essentially, it's like the users will be using "Open With" Internet Explorer.

Is there anyway to communicate with the Browser to tell it not to resize my movie without embedding my movie?
    Rach

FIGURED IT OUT

I figured out how to fix the problem.

You can use:
    Code:
    Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";
    This keeps browser from resizing my movie. The Stage instance automatically exists in your movie, so you don't even have to create it. All you have to do is add that line of code to the beginning of your movie. It's a really neat addition to the ActionScript library.
    Rach