A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: TV rendering

TV rendering

Ok this is the part I dont get. How is video and animation filmed to suit TV as far as resolution goes? I mean, how is it exported? Whether your TV is a small 15" from the 80's or a 56" big screen, the resolution is always pixel crystal clear. No avi blotches or anything. Now I know there's a certain technique, but Im not going to believe that they export to GB/second quality.

Neither film, tv monitors has a any special resolution.

Files for TV only need pixel measurement, like in Europe, there is 720x575 pixels and 25 frame per second. In US 720x480 and 30 fps.

You can export it from your computer ( video edting software ) to video camera ( DV ) or directly to VHS depending what your computer supports. Or buy equipment that lets you do this.

There are a lot of different compresssion codecs when saving your film. For DVD MPEG2 is used for instance.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

hmm i did a film modeule at uni and just used the dimensions mention above... used a program called avid studio (or something along those lines) simply pressed the export button

i think the quality of ur hardware has alot to do with it... plus it harder to notice blotches on a tv screen unless its super sharp...

i've done a few pauses on Sky+ and u can see blotches, but only very small... its hard to notice when its in motion...

widescreen safe frames are annoying!

You could use nero vision express

Hi did a normal flash animation 12 fps and export it in avi than used nero vision express to convert it into dvd format (mpeg2) it is great on tv no problem ( i think the software fixed all that was suppose to be while converting the avi to mpeg2) run great .