A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Decreasing size of movie?

Madiha

Decreasing size of movie?

I made a flash movie which was intended to be run at the side of a web page like a logo or banner for example. Because I had little experience with Flash, I stupidly created the movie too big and I was wondering how I could decrease the size of the movie without having to...do it manually (in a sense, that means take the move apart and make each individual element smaller which would be too time-consuming and not very efficient.)

If this is a stupid question with a really obvious answer then please point that out to me. I'm supposing it's not an obvious solution because the teachers at my school can't figure it out and have asked me if I know.

The Ancient
    Flash does scale. Change the dimensions in your HTML's OBJECT and EMBED tag to whatever demensions you want, and the SWF will scale accordingly.
    jahasloth

Banned
    You could try to scale it down, and if you only have vector stuff, it might work...
    Add something like this on the first frame...

this._xscale = 50;
    this._yscale = 50;

Change the scaling factor (50) to suit your needs.

Madiha

Woohoo it worked!

I'm sorry this reply is so late but I tried the this._xscale method and it worked! It seems so simple but I guess sometimes you need someone to tell you even the most obvious of things ^_^

The knowledge of flash is strong with you oldnewbie. Thank you so much and may the force be with you.