I'm making a site where viewers can browse through several text pages and also see a slideshow of images.

Because the slide shows are large, I've made it so that my "index.swf" is just two frames long: the first frame loads the "Main" movie into level 6; the second frame just stops "index" movie. The first frame of "Main" movie loads the largest slide show movie ("slideshow1.swf") into level 1. So far so good.

The idea is that users will hopefully be browsing the text pages as the 3.3mb slideshow movie loads in the background. When they do hit the button for the slideshow they go to "Main" movie's "Slideshow1" scene, where the first frame has the script duplicateMovieClip("slideshow1.swf", "slideshow1", 5). I'm trying to make a copy of the movie in a higher layer (because the other movies will be loadinig in lower layers) and then control the movie (stop, play, etc.) using buttons in the top movie, "Main" and the telltarget command.

The movie is not duplicating into a higher layer, nor can I get the telltarget command to work, even on the original "slideshow1.swf" movie in layer 1.