A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mac users please check

mac users please check

can anyone with a mac please check this site www.avidgraphics.net

im on a mac and previously the site was at 50FPS (i know i was misinformed about the proper FPS#) and for me it was painfully slow. i changed it to 34FPS and pretty much cut the frame animations in half, going form 300 to 150, so im assuming it would be faster but when i view it, it's still painfully slow....

why is that?

if any pc users look at this site, is it to fast for you now??

thanks Tracy

It runs rather fast and smooth here on my old 400mhz G4.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

wow, see i dont know wut the problem is then, my comp is 667mhz G4 and its soooo slow.... am i doing something wrong or is my computer messed up?

hmmmmmmmmm

This is a good site for feedback, but remember - don't take everything as gospel.

Why did you up the fps? 30 was fine .............

Why did you change the load bar to blue? pink was fine.......

As long as it looads on the mac, the site will look very much the same as on PC,. one of the beauties of Flash.
    .:- bugger -:.

lol im not taking everything as gospel, but im trying to learn the proper way to do things and ive been reading or being told two different things, so im confused...

originally before i posted, my FPS was at 50...everyone said that was way to high and after researching it more and reading some of Oldnewbie's posts, 34FPS was best (50 is for gaming etc) but my friends that are on a mac say its slow as a snail and then on PC is fast as the damn road runner... i know it will look the same but its not loading at the same speed, thats my concern

the loader, i do have the pink, but for the subpages, the pink was hard to see on the dark grey, that was one of the biggest issues people on the boards were having but they aren't w orking anyway soo

lol

Okay........ I understand.

Just run with what you think looks best. You have beautiful site. Don't f*** it up.
    .:- bugger -:.

haha imnot trying to f-up but the damn thing isnt working nothing is gonna change, it jsut the speed im worried about

works fine on my G4 PB 1.33 in safari and opera. nice work

www.designerunderground.co.uk
    >Speed looks fine running Mac/Safari
    >Nice site and colours
    >Just spotted a slight glitch > in the photography section, when you roll over the square buttons, there is an over caption with a description > when I clicked on one of these buttons the over caption became a mouse trail that I couldn't get rid of?
    +
    You are not your job. You are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You are not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis.

thanks guys for checking and the comments...i found the problem that i was having before u viewed it, i had a div tag in the html page - that caused it to slow down. so i removed that and added a table instead and it runs sooo much better.... is it a mac thing that when it reads a site with the div tag it slows the site down?

Ojc, yeah i know about that, i fixed it but i havnt uploaded the new version but thanks for the eye
    Last edited by Tracy981; 10-17-2004 at 05:11 PM.