A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: site check please...

You have mail... two of them. I forgot to attatch the file(s) in the first mail.

Will definately let you know when I use that colour!.... I may just do a site for fun using it! lol
    .:- bugger -:.

hmmm, I think my post went West for some reason.

You have mail.

Mike

thanks mike for the email, i'll play around with it this weekend

oooh a nice little tiffany's green loader...looking good! one last tip i'll pass on, as i found it really useful when doing my site. add this bit of code to your first frame, and change the frame number to whatever frame your content starts on. you could then put your loader on the second frame if you want, it should work either way. that way, if the section has already been loaded, you won't see the "flash" of the preloader popping up when it isn't needed, it will just smoothly transition into the section.

code:
    if(_root.getBytesLoaded() >= _root.getBytesTotal()){
    gotoAndPlay(3);
    }

it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

DMB... i tried what you said but the preloader doesnt come up for the main scene....i put the preloader (preloader_mc) into the same timeline as my content, scrip tin frame one, loader in 2, content in 3 but nothing happens?? did i miss something? now that i look at my site,my other preloaders dont work, they just flash..hmm
    Last edited by Tracy981; 10-17-2004 at 09:09 AM.

i just tried it the preloader came up for the main scene and working, so maybe you've played around with it, or jus didn't see it working before. now that i think about it, i couldn't see the progress bar on the green loaders, but i'm not sure if it was b/c it wasn't working, or just because the bar and background color of the loader was the same. so that might not even be related to this issue.

try that code on the first frame, and put your loader on the first frame too. i think that's what i had to do on my site for all the subpages...for some reason doing it on 1, loader on 2, content on 3 worked for my main movie, but not for those. so try it on the the same frame as the loader and it should work. let me know how it goes.

good luck!
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

yeah i jsut tried that again and still nothing, i have two preloaders, one for the main scene and another for the subpages. when i put ur code in, the pink loader wont show up and the other loaders just flash. i tried directing all of the scripts to your loader but nothing. i have it up now.... does it work for you?

hmmm...............

yeah, the pink loader doesn't show, the green ones do (no progress bar though), and they flash if that section has already been loaded. i'm wondering how you have your site set up...is it in separate scenes, or are you loading external swf files?

btw, i'm sorry to have caused extra problems for you...i found that bit of code when i was working on my site, and it worked without a hitch, so i thought i'd pass it on.

really though, the site is great regardless of the loader. but if you wanna post a fla i'll take a look at it...it's up to you. or if you think it might be the loader, i have a component loader (flash extension) you could try. if you masked it to be the thin long rectangle you're looking for, it would look exactly the same as now, and it has always worked nicely with me. not to mention it's easy to change colors, etc.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

hey DMB i cant post the FLA here b/c its to big, can i email it to you? once u see the setup i have u'll understand what i did.... and no sorries, i appreciate all of your help, ur script makes sense but im getting confused with its reactions to the other stuff i have in the site. here is my email luv98ca80@yahoo.com

thanks

I have to say that your'e site is pretty cool... especialy the animation on the buttons. I didn't have a hard time figuring out how to move around... it's simple, clean... at the same time interesting enough not to get bored.

I'm not an expert, but I seem to have a good eye... I like it.
    "Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not."

thanks Uniq =) the damn thing has been giving me so many problems its good to hear some positive stuff