A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: thnking out loud!!!

thnking out loud!!!

I was thinking of starting a project called "breathoutloud" (www.breathoutloud.com) I havent purchased the domain yet

I was thinking of getting 10 to 20 designers to participate, they would all contribute to the project, one would design the basic layout, one would have control over the color scheme, one would do the buttons, one would do the main graphics in each section, one would impliment the basic flash animations, and one would be assigned to each page within the project. There would be roughly 5 pages of content, not sure what they would be yet, i was thinking a basic about page, perhaps a art page, were all would add there own art each month.

The way it would start would be, when the initial designer finished with the basic layout, the psd files or rendered files would be passed on to the color guy, and so on. there will be no critics by other deigners, whatever design is made will stay, what ever colors are made will stay..etc. when the site is complete it will be put online. every month there will be 10 to 20 new designers to create an entirly new site. the only thing that could stay the same is the art within the art page, if that idea stands. Once a site is taken offline, it will be put onto one of the pages to show how it has changed.

this is simply a thought i had, perhaps it will be a fun interactive project for designers to participate in, who knows it could turn out to be a very creative oulet for people all over the world

There would be some kind of time limit. I was thinking 1 week for site completion, so the design can stay live for 3 weeks, before the next site gets started

let me know if anyone is interested, and if you have any ideas on how to structure this, please feel free to speak up.

it may be better with only 3 to 5 designers.

designer #1 - layout
    designer #2 - color
    designer #3 - flash buttons
    designer #5 - flash transitons between section

somthing along those lines

i was also thinking there would be a page for credits( whomever participated in that particular project, with links to there personal portfolios.

anyone interested please contact me:
    seanmee@xscapeproductions.com

thnx

New design/month? Thats a job without a paycheck.

If there were competitions on a new design, PS battles in a way it'd be understandeable - but hence this is a group project, I just dont see the point.

Originally posted by fospher.com
    New design/month? Thats a job without a paycheck.

why waste the time.. do u really think you'll have that much traffic that you would be impresing but maybe a few hundred people... i agree thats a job without a paycheck

Its simply away to promote as well as inspire. Money doesnt rule the world, but creativity and inspiration do

like i said this is just a thought!!

Originally posted by seanmee
    Money doesnt rule the world
    Wait, what? If you think this entire planet doesnt revolve around the $ sign you must be out of your gourd.

And promote what?

A thought is a thought, but without any backing its not an idea.
    Last edited by fospher.com; 10-15-2004 at 11:19 PM.

Originally posted by seanmee
    ..Money doesnt rule the world, but creativity and inspiration do...
    ahh thats sweet..i used to think like that to till i got a mortgage now its'