A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: adjusting the way a movie is seen...

adjusting the way a movie is seen...

Hi all,

When i watch my website, i first have to adjust the scrollbars to see the whole thing. I would like it to come up in a different way, but i don't know how to do it. I want it to open in a "full screen", in a window without scrollbars, so that you see it all without having to scroll.
    Do you know what i mean? Can someone tell me how this is done?
    Thanks...

Use frames(or iframes) and instead of calling for a page, calling the swf directly it will proportion itself to the size of the frame, and even if the window is resized will always scale everything(can be annoying though if the window is resized real small).....

-J

Thank you.
    Am i right to understand this is not done from within 3dfa, but another program?

You're right, I use Arachnophilia(the old version), but notepad or any other text editor will work. You will need to know some basic html, and specifically frames. Heres a link to some real basic frame set-ups :

http://www.jalfrezi.com/frames/fframes.htm

...........iframes are similar but much simpler to use. Do a websearch for iframes when you get the hang of regular framesets and you'll be up to speed pretty quickly.

-J
    Last edited by zoranvedek; 10-11-2004 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks a lot.

Wow that's cool, didn't know that, but does this work on all relevant browsers? (msie, firebird, opera, netscape?) well, I got to try this.

EDIT
    Well it works nice on Opera, tho it keeps the Proportions (aspect Ratio), but that's useful anyway. Thanks for that tip because I always had troubles with percentage parameter scaling.
    Last edited by johndoe321; 10-18-2004 at 07:03 PM.