A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to play a .MOV file in Flash 5?

How to play a .MOV file in Flash 5?

Sorry in advance if someone has posted this question before.

I'm verry much a newbie when it comes to Flash, and more so when it comes to working with video in Flash. This is my first time trying to use video in Flash. I use a AMD Athlon, Win XP, Flash 5... hope that's enough info.

I made a short video about 4 Meg's in size, and I was hoping to import it to Flash and work on it inside of Flash. After I imported the .MOV file it doesn't do anything. I'm not sure what direction to take. I was also hoping to clip some of the frames from the video, sort of make it shorter and just have it loop. The video is just a close up of water moving around. I was planing to mask the .MOV so it looks as if in a glass.

I need some verry basic directions, preferably for doing this in Flash 5. Basicly... How to create a Flash MC out of a .MOV? I'm guessing that this is not as complicated as I think..

Thanx in advance for any help from anyone, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanx again.
    Last edited by Uniq; 10-19-2004 at 06:20 PM.
    "Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not."

Use QT Pro and export an image sequence of the loop you'd like to use, then import the sequence to your timeline. Support for .mov is in Flash 5 is QT 4, and only allows you to link a QT movie to add a Flash track. This is not what you would like to do.