A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to change a .MOV into a Flash MC ?

How to change a .MOV into a Flash MC ?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but here goes.

I made a short video, about 4 meg's in size, and imported it into Flash 5. I can see the starting frame of the video, but it's not doing anything when I check it in my browser.

The video is just some moving water... I was hoping to trim it up inside of Flash. I planed to shorten the length of the video and have it loop, it would eventualy be masked and appear to be inside a glass.

What do I need to do ?

I'm still a newbie in Flash, so I hope to get some basic and simple help. I hope this isn't too hard to do, if anybody has the knowledge on this it would be appreciated greatly.

Thanx in advance.
    "Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not."

Not sure this is supported in F5, but if the mov file is in your library, you have to drag it out to a keyframe. Make sure there are no frames after the keyframe. When you drop it onstage, it should build the number of frames the movie needs, by itself. Not familiar with 5, but that's how it works in MX.

Thanx for taking the time to respond.

I've been playing around with this for a while, and got the video to play inside of Flash. But I'm not happy with the way it works. I think I'm just going to take a series of pics and make a MC with them. I think about 10 pics should be enough if I loop them, that will also reduce the size. Not sure what else to do, maybe someone has a better idea? I would appreciate the time and effort.

Thanx again.
    Last edited by Uniq; 10-21-2004 at 11:01 AM.
    "Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not."