A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Media Component Question

HELP>>>ACTIONSCRIPT DICTIONARY

Media Component Question

Hi all,

I'm working on a project which uses the LocalConnection object to control multiple flash pieces across a page. Specifically there can be an mp3 player (for the website), a single track player (for an audio page), and there can possibly be a media player component for showing video(depending on which page the user is viewing).

Everything is working so far, so good. One problemo that I am facing, however, is that if I hit play on any of the mp3 players and a video is playing, it will pause the video player. That is what I want. The issue is that I don't know how to make the button in the mediaControl component switch back to the play button. As it stands right now it will stay as a pause button. Meaning that I have to hit it twice to get video playing again. This is not what I want.

Does anyone know the proper method or property I need to use to switch the media components button back to the "play" state? I have tried
    Code:
    Media.activePlayControl
    but that seems to only work as an "on load" type functionality. In fact I use it successfully in this regard. There just doesn't seem to be a method to actionscript that button back into a "play" state.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer me.
    Antibody
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - N. Mandela

HELP>>>ACTIONSCRIPT DICTIONARY
    Moving to the front page in case someone new can see it today.

Antibody
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - N. Mandela