A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: re-review please.

re-review please.

Have done a buncha touch-ups to my site. Please take a gander, critique, and throw me some feedback asap. Hope to hear from peeps soon... thanks!!

three lefts
    Two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do.
    www.threelefts.com

It's an interesting design, and I think it has quite a lot of merit.

It's a site that is 90% there in my opinion. The finish is not quite there tho'.

Perhaps the box outlines could be a pixel narrower and a little sharper. Some of the text, especially in your 'profile' is not positioned correctly. You obviously are aware of how pixel fonts work, but in some of the site the text is clear, and other parts it isn't. You have to position your text correcly.

The lack of colour is okay, but maybe you have taken it too far??

Technically I did not see any probs at all.

BTW, have a look at my latest work in rgress regarding using colour:

http://www.psycho-penguin.com/wcstest/wcstest.html

hope that my comments help.
    .:- bugger -:.

i like this a lot very cool transitions the only thing i would change is, on some of the transitions your boxes move over the top of your arrow buttons, looks a bit untidy to me, but thats the only fault i can find, GOOD WORK

J

hi,

nice site, there's one thing i would like 2 say, it would be nicce if at the end of the loading , the text of the buttons apear one by in a short flash

To Mikeli:
    Hmm... I see what you mean about the profile text. I'm not sure why it's getting a little chunky looking. It is all positioned correctly. Any ideas as to what might be happening would be appreciated.

P.S.
    BTW nice site... I'll have to check back when you get more ready.

------------

To jmac100:
    Hmm... I liked the box going over the buttons, I felt it gave it a little depth *shrug*. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it both ways and see which I prefer.

------------

To lord titan:
    I agree with you that the buttons should flash the text real fast before they fade out, this way people know right off that they are indeed buttons. Thanks for the feedback and I'll make the change soon.
    www.threelefts.com

Thanks re: my current work

here's a tutorial on Pixel Fonts. Wriiten for Flash 5 but it stands for MX too.

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=482646

The other thing I forgot to mention is that when you showcase your work in the pop-up window make sure it is high res. People are expecting it to be a big file, so this is one occassion where file size (to a limit) does not matter. UI looked at the romeo and Juliet picture and it left me flat 'cause the res was so low.

Go back to my site and in the Products scrolling box, click on the solenoid valve (lower left) to see what I mean.

Oh, and the font for the loading percentage is too small, almost illegible to me.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't used FFF in a while and I found something I was doing wrong. The fonts in the profile, amoung other places, should seem crisper now.

Also, I added some orange text here and there... not sure if I like it, lemme know what you all think!

Anyone else that has some feedback, please feel free to add to this thread. I would really appreciate more critisizm!
    www.threelefts.com

the email address and phone # are a little blurred, so maybe they're not on pixel or not sized in a multiple of 8. also, FFF Galaxy is a little hard to read when put in big blocks of text, since it's all capitals. but overall a good site, some nice animations. maybe there would be a way to make the transitions between links a little smoother?
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

I agree with all of DMBs' comments...

It certainly is an improvement, just a little more tidying. I don't mind the Orange text, but maybe play with a few other colours (burgundy, dark green etc).....(glad to see you increased the % loading fonrt size)

Also, don't forget to do higher res pic...I checked romeo and juliet again, and it's still low res)

Fixed the Romeo & Juliet pic (i'll prolly make it bigger too). I see what you mean about the email and phone number... I'll fix it soon (too tired right now - it's late).

I'll try playing with different colors too.

Anyone else who would like to add some feed back please feel free, I really want as much as I can get!!

Thanks everyone!!
    www.threelefts.com

I like the site, nice design.

I also agree with the previous comments and here are a few of my own.

1. transitions are too slow. speed them up a bit.

2. button animations take too long to actually see what the link is. SPEED them up. I would add a text nav too...maybe on the bottom.