A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Slicing and Flash

Slicing and Flash

I made a Template on Photoshop, sliced it in Image Ready, now I want to transfer all the gifs into FLASH, but the question is HOW do you do it. I know that I can get all 322 images and put it together like a puzzle, but that'd take way too long, and I might not even know which bar goes where since there were a lot of vertical bars, how can I go about doing this? Thanks.

a godsend of plug-ins I dont know how i lived without beofore i bought. You can aviod slicing and it turns your ps file into a layerd flash file (fla) easily for you with the simple click of an export option

http://www.medialab.com/psd2fla/
    -Persistent1

i can't afford that, hook me up with the software.

If its really needing to get done and you dont want the hastle of importing the many layers manually, belive me, you can find away to afford it
    I did as broke A@# college student last year, and boy O' boy is the time you save on production worth every penny.

get it here:
    PSD2FLA
    -Persistent1

burn me a copy bro

I can't besides..the oftware works with a single key generated from your exact copy of Photoshop

Do a freelance job and you can get this app real quick
    -Persistent1

i dont even know how to slice and what to do, how do you expect me to do freelance bro. you a fake cat. i don't like you no more. if i had a copy i'd send it to you, selfish brat.

Here's a copy. Enjoy yourself.

Besides, what on earth are you doing with 322 gifs imported into flash. Seems you'd like to read a book on design for internet.

No Comment

I think you need to grow up and learn some more before you open your mouth!

You could learn something from reading sense's link he posted. Its common sense.
    -Persistent1

What a nice guy chinchaste turned out to be.

I can't imagine how you could even slice up a psd into 322 separate images. Try slicing into something managable, like say for example, um, erm, 10.
    Keep it rural.

will eat you alive
    i dont even know how to slice and what to do, how do you expect me to do freelance bro. you a fake cat. i don't like you no more. if i had a copy i'd send it to you, selfish brat.
    I am stunned by this!

Mental. What a weirdo. I'm heavily concurring with the '322 slices - wtf?' thing, but who'd help someone that mouthy anyway?

Persistent1 did enough even suggesting the software!

The guy is obviously ignorant and not understanding of how the software works..but anyway...Hey telekin..

i checked your site out real fast and loved what i saw

i dig your style and clientele...how do you get those clients for such things like the eCards for the ibiza club etc...I really like thos projects youhave done and would love to get some clients of my own in the music biz (especially electronic scene)
    -Persistent1

will eat you alive
    Cheers mate, thanks for the compliments!

Those card things were just a case of word of mouth, really. The record label was (and is) a subsidiary of a larger organisation, which is in turn part of a larger media group. I started doing some work for the guys in the middle, as it were, and after that it just seemed to snowball.

It helped me a lot that I could keep my costs down 'cos I really only have myself to look out for - no overheads and all that. Not to say that it was easy. Trying to convince people that your worth taking a chance on is the hardest part of the whole thing (and much harder than creating the projects!).

Essentially, it's just a case of being persistent (as your name suggests). I know that's a cliche and all, but I've been struggling for years and now everything's Ok.

Personally, though, I'd prefer a more electronic avenue myself. Guess I'll just have to keep working on it!

telekin:

wow..word of mouth eh? Hmm..well thats cool man.

i agree with the sale of your services part..it is hard to sell yourself and your abilities, but i guess once you have those abilities coming through in your work, it speaks for itself

non-the less, I dig your stuff and I will be persistent (thats why i reference myslef as such)..thanks for your reply

take care..
    -Persistent1