A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats your actual job?

Whats your actual job?

I recently dropped freelancing to work at a car wash. Too much hassle to get a contract, too many b|tchy clients.

I turned down computer assembly at Circuit City as well -- might not look as good on a resume but hell, working outside, getting a tan, exercise, good tips ... cant complain.

Creative director at a web company I am a partner of.

Unemployed College Student. I think it has a nice ring to it.

was a photographer for a east asian import company. actually that sounds better...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

At one job, I put together web sites that designers give me, I'm also a research assistant at the Virtual Reality lab at school.

Student/web developer.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

circuit city

Re: Whats your actual job?

Originally posted by fospher.com
    I turned down computer assembly at Circuit City as well

should have taken it, I filled in for the kid lloyd who is in charge of that at my store, its so easy, just throw hard drives in, maybe some ram, install some software, its real easy.

Nothing beats working outside buddy.

Something I've always wondered, at Best buy, on the mouse boxes, they suggest taking it to their service center for installation. But installing a mouse has come down to plugging it in at this point, and you'll need to unplug the mouse from your computer before taking it home. Who pays for that?

I s'pose it's for the ps2 mouses, non-usb. Not hot-swap that is, requires a restart. Not everyone's as smart as you are big guy, some people dont even know how to plug things in and out. I remember being told that you cant go online since an internet connection requires AOL 'to work'.

Originally posted by fospher.com
    I s'pose it's for the ps2 mouses, non-usb. Not hot-swap that is, requires a restart. Not everyone's as smart as you are big guy, some people dont even know how to plug things in and out. I remember being told that you cant go online since an internet connection requires AOL 'to work'.
    I'm just imagining the people who ask for the service, watch the kid plug it in and say "done", unplug it and say "That'll be $15"

Part of a web development team at MediaRain.

Never been with a greater group of guys, love my job. My dream job since I was younger.

Retired *********
    I am a district manager for a networking company here in my area...

waiter

lifeguard

I’m an in house graphic designer for a shoe manufacturer, but my boss doesn’t consider graphic designers as designers, only shoe designers are designers... Catalogues, websites, adverts etc make themselves in his world!

Normally a Lurker
    New Media Developer, just turned Technical Project Manager...

L.
    "Dance your cares away,
    worries for another day,
    let the music play,
    down at Fraggle Rock."

Formerly Assistant in a printing and copyshop
    For the next six months I'm Shop manager, because of my direct boss getting pregnant
    Cannot comprehend this site still exists

Originally posted by yasunobu13
    Something I've always wondered, at Best buy, on the mouse boxes, they suggest taking it to their service center for installation. But installing a mouse has come down to plugging it in at this point, and you'll need to unplug the mouse from your computer before taking it home. Who pays for that?
    you'd be suprised, tons of people buy that install on mice. I sold an install on a digital camera once, literally, took it out of the box, put in some batteries, put it back in the box, charged $30.

i manage the educational design team for a large software company.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book