A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash in Nokia 6600 - Opera

Flash in Nokia 6600 - Opera

my friend have Nokia 6600
    I made simple site with SWF for FL Player 5.
    But the site did not works.
    Why?
    He use Opera - but i don´t know which version.
    I like all FLASH fans, but my girl can't stand them.
    -------------------------------------------
    I am still learning
    Sorry for my stupid questions (sometimes) and bad English.

Flash is not available as a plug-in for symbian opera. I dont think Symbian opera even supports plug-ins, which seems to be the case with most micro browsers.

It seems that Macromedia is intending for FlashLite symbian to be a standalone player, not a browser based player.

Currently the only way to get flash for a symbian phone is if you live in Great Britain, Germany or Austria, and sign up for T-mobile's news service, which installs a stand alone version of FlashLite 1.1 (not a browser compatible player), and it is only available for a few symbitan series 60 devices. Not sure about 6600.

Visit www.macromedia.com/devnet/devices for more information on how Macromedia is currently supporting devices.

I see.
    Also if i buy Sony Ericsson P900 i have any chance to browse my favorite Flash sites?
    I live in Czech, Austria is our neighbour

Originally posted by hp3
    Flash is not available as a plug-in for symbian opera. I dont think Symbian opera even supports plug-ins, which seems to be the case with most micro browsers.

It seems that Macromedia is intending for FlashLite symbian to be a standalone player, not a browser based player.

Currently the only way to get flash for a symbian phone is if you live in Great Britain, Germany or Austria, and sign up for T-mobile's news service, which installs a stand alone version of FlashLite 1.1 (not a browser compatible player), and it is only available for a few symbitan series 60 devices. Not sure about 6600.

Visit www.macromedia.com/devnet/devices for more information on how Macromedia is currently supporting devices.
    I am still learning

hp3,

Flash5 is available as a plugin to Opera on the Motorola A920 and A925, but these phones are only available on the 3 network in the UK, so its beside the point in this case, but thought I would just bring it up.

Also, in my opinion, both these phones are not very good, so overlooking them is probably best :P

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just curious if you know whether symbian for opera supports plug-ins or is it that, in the case of A920/A925, Opera and MM worked out a way to build Flash into the browser, sort of like the Japanese phones?

I've never been able to get a clear indication from opera about this.
    Last edited by hp3; 10-27-2004 at 01:43 PM.

Yeah, its seems like a one off situation with the Opera browser for the A92x. There is nothing on the MM site about it, it basically just happened the once and thats it.

As I said though, the A92x was a bit of a flop, so maybe both MM and Opera got nothing out of it to take it any further.

EDIT: Sorry, there was a posting on the MM devices page about the A920, but its brief and over a year old.
    Last edited by Paul Lamonby; 10-27-2004 at 01:55 PM.

I saw that i can use for my Sony Ericsson P900 Flash Lite 1.1.
    http://www.macromedia.com/mobile/sup...#sony_ericsson

Can i use it i browser in Symbian or how it works please?

Originally posted by jankratochvil
    I see.
    Also if i buy Sony Ericsson P900 i have any chance to browse my favorite Flash sites?
    I live in Czech, Austria is our neighbour
    I am still learning

I just wanted to follow up with a note that Nokia does have a browser plug-in api for Series 60 and 80 devices. I assume this api is intended for use with Nokia's own web browser, not with other browser manufacturers like Opera.

I believe this is probably how Nokia includes Flash 6 for Nokia 7710.

Hello, where can I get a flash player for a nokia 6600 for free? Thanks

The developer version of Flash Lite player for 6600 is a commercial product available for purchase Adobe web site. There is no freely available player.

Note that FlashKit does not condone requests for free copies of commercial software.