A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Controlling Movie Clip Play Back Virtually

Controlling Movie Clip Play Back Virtually

I have a 3D object that rotates around its self, the effect I want is a virtual 3D movie clip so the viewer would be able to turn the object at their discretion. I am not sure how to script this movie clip to play back frame by frame only when the end users mouse curser rolls over the object (like scrubbing the time line). I need some guidance. Thank you

Banned
    This may give you ideas...
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 12-02-2004 at 11:07 PM.

Banned

Wow!!!

Your the BEST! Where did you find this? It is exactly what I needed to complete my project. I will let you know how it is going and if I run into any difficulties. Again thank you very much for your help.

Too much

After careful review, I found that the cube fla was to intense and over done for my needs. All I have is a Movie clip with a sequence of jpegs. When the time line is played the object appears to rotate on its y axis. All I want to do is place an instance on stage of this movieclip and have the end user be able to rotate or scrub the time line just by moving their curser over the object on stage, like a VR but only in two directions, Left and Right. Thank you for your help.

Banned
    So this is what you're looking for?

http://odin.prohosting.com/~oldnew/playertruck.html

Yes !!!! This is 90% of what I am looking for, the only difference is that I would have the sliding button be over the object and have its alpha set to 0%, setting the button to drag at mouse center, and have the button attach itself any time the curser entered the objects area. I again thank you for being so helpful. Is the script very complicated? or math driven? I would like to see the fla on this. "The Rubix Cube is a nightmare of programming, way above my head".

Banned
    Basically only using this movie clip player's slider...

http://www.wildform.com/tutorials/dr...6ac8b&ref=#toc

I am having trouble with the prior linked site, the information is not working out for me. The link with the rotating truck is the best example of what I am working towards. Is it possible to get the fla so I can see how everything works and apply it to my project . Thank you.

Banned
    Here's the .fla...

Get the truck2.swf from your cache after visiting my above link...

http://odin.prohosting.com/~oldnew/playertruck.html
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you that worked out great. I have customized the fla to my needs. I still have one problem, since I am placing the scrolling button over my object I can not get it to effect the objects time line if the button passes its _x origin point. Currently the button is invisible and attaches itself when the curser enters its known area. I would like to modify the script so that when the button crosses its known zero _x position and into negative _x space that the object still continues to play back its time line, instead of stopping once the button has reached its _x zero position.

Would you know how to modify the script for this to function in this manner? I very much appreciate your help, I have been banging my head against the wall, but that doesn't seem to work! Where do I send the check?

— Almost done (jas_G.)

I have attached the current fla, it will use truck2.swf for the movie.

Banned
    Quite late here on the East coast!

Maybe in the morning... If nobody else picks up on this...

I thank you for your recent help with my project. After getting a good nights sleep, I was able to resolve the issues I was having. I have attached the final result for all to use.

To make the .fla and .swf files work for your project, just replace the “truck2.swf file with your own multi-frame animation and just reuse the name “truck2.swf for your .swf file. This should work if you placed all of your keyframed art on scene ones time line, and published only an swf file. If you decide to use a different name for your .swf, you must change the action script linkage on the first frame of “mc” in the playertruck4.fla so it targets your unique named .swf file. and republish with its new target.

Good Luck. — jas_G.