A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with loading a movie in a clip!

Help with loading a movie in a clip!

I am trying to load a movie in a MC with playerLoader.loadMovie("lili_player.swf"); the clip that it is loading into is on the _root level. It is working fine when i test in from my machine in a browser, but as soon as I try to test it online it will not load. I am getting so pissed trying to figure this out. Does anyone know what is wrong??

it is so werid... cause loadMovieNum("lili_player2.swf",1); works fine but preloader.loadMovie("lili_player2.swf')'; will not work, does someone know why this is??

Cause I have to load the player behind some of the art on _level0 so if i use loadMovieNum("lili_player2.swf",1); I will load over my art... So It will not work..

Thanks
    ////FLASHPLAYER//

MY SITE>>

Links are relative to the html and not the Flash files. So make a absolute path to the external swf.

Thats the only think I can think of now , why it wont work.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Banned
    If it works on a level, than it should work in a container clip as well... You've got something else wrong somewhere.
    But can't say without having a look at your .fla, zipped up and in a MX only format, not MX2004.

You would have to save a copy of your MX2004 .fla, (using Save as...) and changing the Document type to MX only in the Save as... window.