A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Political discussion in here please!

The CROW!!!
    Originally posted by shadowking
    Trick or treat.
    Woah! thats the most politically charged post i've seen around here....
    I Haunt the Shadows...I stalk the blackness of night... I am...
    THE CROW!!!

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by shadowking
    ...Ur the person with the narrow view who would judge our election by what u see on TV.
    I have mentioned before that it does not matter to me one jot who wins your election, US presidents are still US presidents, regardless of who they are....I would rather watch and judge a horse race tuesday.

...I even have a race tip, an outsider for the punters -

Upsetthymn, won over the distance in Aukland, third over the distance on Brisbane...only carrying 51kg this time around.

davidp.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

The CROW!!!
    the only problem with accusing us of only believing what the media tells us about the election is that is all that most people will have to go on.
    THE CROW!!!

Originally posted by yasunobu13
    We do? would you mind telling my bosses and school, 'cause I wouldn't mind the day off.
    I meant we are allowed "time off" what ever it is we are doing....and yes the bosses here in Australia give people time off to go and bet...

Tony

Originally posted by XU1
    I think shadowking has forgotten that Australia is on his side....and has been for the last 100 or so years.....but, to hell with his views on us here in Australia.... I coundn't care less.....maybe we should just give him the good ol' Aussie salute...

Tony
    maybe we should give him the good ol' aussie thundering
    hostingpixel.com / shootpixel.com / limefreak.com

Well, it's a fact, Bush will lose the election...

You can't argue with facts...

-----

It has to be one of the strangest polls in the lead-up to the American presidential election, but history says you can't argue with the Washington Redskins Rule.

While most official polls show President George Bush and Democratic candidate John Kerry in a statistical deadlock, with the Redskin rule the result comes down to only one thing - whether the Washington Redskins win their last game before the election.

Professional pollsters may scoff, but the rule has been correct in every election since Franklin Roosevelt won in 1932 (although a Washington Post story contradicted that claim yesterday, stating its run started in 1936). The probability of 18 elections in a row being decided this way is estimated to be one in 260 million.

The rule goes if the Redskins lose or tie, the incumbent party loses the election. If the Redskins win, so does the incumbent party.

Which spells trouble for President Bush.

The Redskins' last game before the election was played this morning (AEST) against the Green Bay Packers. According to the AP report, Washington trailed 20-14 and thought they scored a touchdown with 2 minutes and 35 seconds to play. But the celebrations died quickly when the play was called back for an "illegal motion penalty".

On the very next play the Packers intercepted and, four plays later, Ahman Green scored. A two-point conversion sealed the victory, 28-14.

Under the Redskins rule, that means Kerry will win the election, with Bush becoming a one-term president like his father.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...262758115.html
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Wow.....since John Kerry has changed positions on every policy according to how he feels at the time.

Maybe this will be a more effective way for the Dems to run Government if he is elected....

Tony

why even vote?

even if the voting does lead to kerry. bush is going to win anyway
    hostingpixel.com / shootpixel.com / limefreak.com

so, not only will it be close, but it will be contraversial. That sounds about right

Merged two political threads.

http://217.160.163.211/globalvote2004/index.php

People from all over the world have bee allowed to vote on this site, and the results were just released.

Interesting results I might say...

/Flip
    Flipsideguy

Originally posted by flipsideguy
    http://217.160.163.211/globalvote2004/index.php

People from all over the world have bee allowed to vote on this site, and the results were just released.

Interesting results I might say...
    What's even funnier: http://www.benrik.co.uk/content/vote_reactions.asp

Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

I wouldn't expect anything less from the close-minded, isolationist, war-mongering, megalomaniac, imperialist attckdogs that are the Bushies - barking their election frustrations at the world.

I just watched Fahrenheit 9/11. I had strong opinions about Bush before that movie. Imagine how I feel now.

/Flip
    Flipsideguy

The CROW!!!
    Originally posted by Endstand
    even if the voting does lead to kerry. bush is going to win anyway
    well, its the same thing that happened 4 years ago. its not the votes of the population that count, it is the electoral votes of the state (i think thats what it's called). for example, i think either california or texas, or both have nine electoral votes, all of them going to the winning candidate for that state. However, this was due to a supremem court ruling. if the electoral votes were split 5/4 between the two candidates with the most votes in that state, then i believe that last time it would have been more or less dead heat, and would have required a complete revote. Well, maybe not that drastic but something along that line.
    THE CROW!!!

There's all kinds of info on the electoral system in this forum as it's been talked about quite a bit. The purpose of it is to more fairly represent people of each state. If it was just a popular vote, the only interests that would ever get addressed would be NY, California and Texas.

http://www.fec.gov/pages/ecmenu2.htm

California currently has 55, Texas 34.

The link to the global election results doesn't suprise me. But, I'm wondering what their voting process was? Was it just an internet vote? I believe that the results are the trend but how accurate can it be? The results are exactly what one would expect from a body that takes Fahrenheit 9/11 as information that should help form strong opinions.

Also, the response link doesn't suprise me either. It's strange how the international community feels that they should have influence on the vote of a sovereign nation.

Originally posted by indivision

The link to the global election results doesn't suprise me. But, I'm wondering what their voting process was? Was it just an internet vote? I believe that the results are the trend but how accurate can it be? The results are exactly what one would expect from a body that takes Fahrenheit 9/11 as information that should help form strong opinions.

If it's the same vote as the one that was posted here a few weeks ago, then it was as easy as choosing which country you were from, and then voting for whatever candidate. I personally voted for Bush and Kerry from the country of Iceland just to see if it would work. So that should give you an indication of how accurate it is. However, I don't know if they did any IP checking or anything or if my votes went into the final tally.

I don't understand the point of it either. Unless you've been living under a rock, it's common knowledge that many people hate Bush with a passion. He's been more villianized around the world than most dictators. Even for those outside of the U.S. who actually follow the issues and don't base their opinions on Farenheit 9-11, they really have few reasons to support him. Unless they agree with his tough stance on terrorism, why would other people care about his domestic policies? That's where Bush seems to have a lot of support among Americans, regarding his fiscal policy, social security, tax cuts etc. What does the average guy from France care about what we do with our social security? For those outside the US that disagree with his foreign policy re: the war in Iraq, there's really no other reason to vote for him.

That makes sense. There isn't a lot that he is running on (or Kerry for that matter) that is really relevant to them. I have to question what it is about the war on terror that they feel so attached to as well. I understand having an opinion about it. But, many act like they have a personal stake in it. Some of them have eventually said here that they actually don't care about the Iraqi's, they just think the US is wrong. If there is virtually nothing that affects a person about Bush, what is it that causes so much hatred of him?

The CROW!!!
    well, if i'm not misteaken, the popularity of each candidate actually dropped in each state after each state visit. so, all kerry had to do, was stop state visits, let bush do the rounds, and then pick up all the votes. simple as that.
    THE CROW!!!

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by indivision
    That makes sense. There isn't a lot that he is running on (or Kerry for that matter) that is really relevant to them. I have to question what it is about the war on terror that they feel so attached to as well. I understand having an opinion about it. But, many act like they have a personal stake in it. Some of them have eventually said here that they actually don't care about the Iraqi's, they just think the US is wrong. If there is virtually nothing that affects a person about Bush, what is it that causes so much hatred of him?
    The US invasion of Iraq is just one in a long string of Foreign policy moves by the US government that many in the world find offensive.

My first inkling of "something weird about all this" came with the Kennedy Cuban crisis, when the US government got all hot under the collar because Russia dared to place missile bases on Cuba, close enough to US borders to threaten major US cities....at the same time, they thought it was ok to have similar missile sites dotted all over Europe, close to Russia's borders and threatening Russian cities.

...and what gets me, is that I am pretty sure a few of you will still think that that was ok, and won't be able to see that every other country might have the justifiable view that, if America can do it, so can we.

So thanks to Bush and compatriots, we now have the concept of 'pre-emptive strikes, or, as I like to describe it "just in case".

This policy will be excercised more and more in the future by more and more countries, who will justify it in the public eye, by pointing to the glorious example set by the US in Iraq.

dp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.