A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fireworks MX 2004 Help

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar

Fireworks MX 2004 Help

Hi all,

I'm working on a main user interface for my portfolio site in Fireworks and I've got pretty much everything laid out how I want it to look. Now, my question is this. What image formats can I export the PNG to so that the image still keeps it's interactivity?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Have you already sliced your image?

If so, and assuming you didn't use a web safe color scheme, you'll want to export all your slices as jpegs.

Use the export preview option under the file menu. Make adjustments to the quality of your jpeg (I usually set mine anywhere between 50 & 80% depending on the clarity needed) and hit export.

You'll bring up a save dialogue box. Make sure you are exporting the HTML and Images, and if you want to place your images in a sub-folder relative to your html file choose that option and the name of the folder (images is default).

Now hit save and it will export your html file and sliced images. If you have created roll over states, drop down menus, etc it will incorporate this in the HTML file. You can then open this up in a browser to preview, or you can bring it into Dreamweaver to modify.

Hope this helps.

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar
    Is it possible to just export the image from Fireworks, put it on a Dreamweaver page and then just add the hotspots from there? I think this may be easier

It may be easier, but it's not the way I'd recommend you do it.

If you can slice it up, take that approach. Use of image maps is a pretty big no-no in web design. They have their place, but I wouldn't think this would be one of them.

If you want, post the image you speak of (or pm it to me if you want) and maybe I can make some additional recommendations.
    Last edited by clicky2; 11-09-2004 at 12:09 PM.