A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Export problem?

Export problem?

I've got a flash file that streams mp3's from a server using the loadsound command.

It works fine when I test the flash file in flash. But when I bring the .swf file into an html file and load it in a browser it doesn't play the songs.

Am I missing something?

I tried publishing out of Flash directly and also tried placing a swf file into Dreamweaver and the same result each way.

Other files that contain the mp3 within the movie don't have that problem. But I don't want to go that route because it will increase the final movie size by a large amount.

Any body else run into this?

Banned
    Did you use the full url? Is the .mp3 in the same folder as the html and the .swf?

The files are still on my hard drive. Within a temp folder. The mp3s are in a folder called "music". The Url I used is "music/name ofmp3.mp3". It plays fine in the Flash Test movie mode but The Browser doesn't call it. However, it does call an html file from another button.

Banned
    So you're testing this locally and through a browser & html file? How's the html call that does open, coded?