A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: creating broadband choose page

Hybrid View

creating broadband choose page

I am using Flash MX 2004 Professional

I need to create an opening screen that allows the user to choose either a high bandwidth or low bandwidth version of the video I want to play.

The selection will then take them to either screen in flash that they choose.

I know there is a bandwidth chooser template in Flash but then not much more information after that. How do I get this thing to work?

Thanks for you help.

can anyone help me this at all?

Well, you could have a separate page with HTML links that go to two different Flash movies.

You could have two buttons in Flash that went to one of two scenes, one loading the small movie, one loading the big movie.

You could have two buttons that when clicked would set a variable and take you to a single movie player, which would then read the variable and decide what movie to load.

ok thanks for your advice, i got the flash template to work, my next step which seems a little complicated.

I want to have the link to the video in flash be dynamic. So that depending on which page I am on in my site, it will play that video for the corresponding page. This would be easy if I had a static site, but I use MySql to generates the pages.

I am not sure if I need to edit the sql tables and add a column that has relative paths to the flash video. Then in Flash, make that link dynamically come up and load the right video.

Is anyone lost? I may be.... any suggestions.