A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can't figure out how to...

Can't figure out how to...

Okay, I have these set of png files. Each of them are a frame of a simple walking animation. How can I use them as they were intended to use in my Flash animation? In other words how can I combine them into a single object "walking" across the stage? I hope that makes sense.

I suppose you have made a frame by frame animation and converted them into png files? if you haven't, i am suggesting that is the way- drawing the frame by frame animation of the walking figure. It is tedious.
    after you done it import all of them in one layer and create motion tween.
    Right?
    fionify
    - God is a designer-

Okay I've already had the PNG files set up. I also tried the motion tween last night. There was something else I couldn't do. Hold on and I will see what it was that went wrong with the motion tween.

Okay. I can do the motion tween but when I do it only shows on PNG file moving across the screen instead of it alternating legs like the PNG were intended to do. Even though I insert the seperate PNG files into their seperate frames I couldn't get it to work right.

why dont u attach your file here, i want to see whats wrong
    fionify
    - God is a designer-

put all the png's into a movieclip (in the proper sequence) and then just do a motion tween on the movieclip instead

Okay...and how exactly do you do that? That's exactly what I need except it doesn't have the motion tween that moves it across the screen but that's what I am missing.

Okay scratch that. I figured it out and I successfully finished that animation. Now all I wanna know is how to make the animation scroll over showing the background that can't be seen. Or maybe a list of stuff that I should "read" because as you may have noticed I haven't done much "reading" and that is why I am asking questions that can probably be answered through "reading".

Inspector General
    one way
    make your background into a symbol(f8) and do a frame tween.

other way.
    script the movement of the background by lessening its _y value.

pending the size and detail of your background image you may experience sluggishness.

what would be best is to have a background that can be made into a seamless loop.
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/...starfield.html

Actually the first thing will probably be what I will use. I don't need the bg to loop like that. Also it shouldn't mess up to bad if the background isn't too big right?

Inspector General
    correct