A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading Movies Via Targeted Verses Levels Problem!

Loading Movies Via Targeted Verses Levels Problem!

Loading Movies Via Targeted Verses Levels Problem!

I have an swf that has navigation buttons based on variables and targeted frames, when I load this swf into another target movie in a separate swf, all of the sub-navigation and variable buttons don’t respond. When I load this same movie on a load into levels everything works. What’s going on? Am I missing some script to target the navigation or will it not work with the kind of scripting that I have on the movie that is being placed within the other?

loadMovie("myStuff.swf", "_root.mc.movie");

Banned
    Why do you absolutely want to load it in a container clip rather than on a level, since it does work fine on a level?

Are you on MX2004?

Hi oldnewbie,

Thanks for answering. I wanted to put it into a container because it made it simpler to place were I wanted it on stage. The position of the swf is precise on the main swf that I am placing it into. I am using Flash MX.

At this point I am positioning the loaded swf manually within its self so that it will align with my other swf. I know that with this script it will load top left position, it just makes it a little more work.

Is there any reason why the container clip won't work?
    Last edited by jas_G.; 11-14-2004 at 04:34 PM.

Is their anyone out there that can answer my question!

Is there any reason why the container clip won't work?

Banned
    Most probably because you're using references to _root, which when loaded in a container clip (contrary to a level) now wrongly point to the root level of the main movie, and no more to the root level of the loaded movie itself.

If on MX only, you've but have to change all those references to the appropriate relative paths, using this, or one or more parent's rather than _root.

If you're on MX2004, you can look into MovieClip._lockroot, which should solve your problem...

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash...=00001522.html