Thread: Portfolio site

Portfolio site

Hey guys,

I've given my portfolio site a revamp... www.slinx.co.uk

Too slow? Pre-loader required?

All feedback welcome!

Cheers,
    Steve

it didn't take too long to load on my DSL but i'd add a preloader anyway, since some people (especially those on a slow connection) might see nothing for a little while, and not stick around to see the site. also, i'd left justify the text. centered text is harder to read, and doesn't look professional. also, i'm not sure why the menu buttons are all different sizes...it kinda throws me off, and the spacing isn't the same between them either. i'd make those buttons uniform. i do like all the boxes that change colors and the map that interacts with the buttons...good stuff.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

Map is very cool but I agree with dmb that the centred text does not look profesional. Quite a spaced/extended font that does not aid the legibility either.
    [size=1]
    0732.co.uk <- My Company

www.designerunderground.co.uk
    >I think you need to use a consistent font/style and size throughout > it seems to change with every section depending on how much space there is to flll
    >I don't think you logo does the site justice
    >Maybe start the background colour in a differnent colour > personal preference I guess
    >I love the dance floor esque transistions and background effect for the content
    +
    You are not your job. You are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You are not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis.

Thanks guys, just the kind of comments I was looking for.

I recognise I need to achieve a consistent style, I'd be interested to hear what fontface you recommend?

Skill_Unabletospell_guy skill_guy101's Avatar
    im not keen on the gerky frame rate. font face is all personal preferance really. i agree with all previous comments.