A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: assassinate JFK :: the videogame

Originally posted by silverx2
    whats the differnece in this game and making a game where i shoot george w bush?
    There are countless flash games where you can shoot Bush.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

but i mean like a real game developed and released for a fee, then say he gets killed that way.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    there is a book about assinated the president, movies about it to.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by gerbick
    wasn't that soccer riot video game also developed by a scotland developer?
    Scottish developer, gerbs.

They do have a wild imagination north of the border, eh?

I like this, from the company spokesperson, on the BBC site:

A spokesman for Traffic Games said it was encouraging youngsters to take an interest in history.

What we are hoping to do is re-ignite people's passion for history. This is a unique insight into the assassination. We think there's a whole generation of people who have no experience of the Kennedy assassination.
    What are these guys smoking - and get me some!

If you have 'no experience of the Kennedy assassination' by this point in time, best you crawl back under that rock from whence you came - the world might be just a little too dangerous.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Aye laddie, I think the obvious should be stated. While no one man's life is more important than the next, I think it's safe to say that the impact that JFK and Lincoln had at promoting peace and prosperity in America sort of elevate their stature in the eyes of the public.

A video game where you gun them down, at least in my opinion, almost advocates these heinous actions. Now don't get me wrong. I'm all for historic video games. Why not a game where you try and prevent it? Perhaps you catch Oswald, or John Wilkes Booth before shooting them?

Could you imagine if someone made a game in which it was your role to assassinate Martin Luther King? There'd be civil unrest and uproar, and for good reason.

This was on the nightly news, and they had a spokesman saying one of the games goals is to put to rest all the conspiracy theories.

If they really wanted a re-enactment and to teach history, I don't see how its educational to make the player the gunman. I guess that's what really bothers me, its that the company is giving such a BS reason for making the thing. They wanted the sensationalism, controversy, and publicity, and this is one way of getting it.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    The sad part isn't so much they made it, as that people are buying it.

There should essentially be no market for this, but sadly there is.

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    Scottish developer, gerbs.
    aye, you caught my wee lil' sentence structure flub/edit.

:kilt:

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by Eyenovation
    they'll be making games where you fly as Japanese Bombers or Muslim Fundamentalists any time soon though.
    erm, most of the aviation games i played, not to say ALL, are about flying as US bombers/planes against japanese, muslims, vietnamese or whoever else. however, nobody ever says anything. So, the same way i've played those games, i can't see why i wouldn't play the others you mention.

there are tons of games about the gulf's war and about many other wars where you play the role of the US forces. in fact not too long ago there was a game released about killing saddam. i'm not saying saddam was like jfk, but deffinately, the fact of him being a dictator doesn't make it better to kill in a game than jfk.

there's already a jihad fps shooter, IIRC.

I can't remember the name of it... highly controversial. google for it.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Perhaps this is nothing more than propaganda at work, but the games which are made to recreate history -- they recreate moments in history where "good" triumphed (or was supposed to) over "evil."

It seems this game advocates the brutal slaying of the president and lets users partake in the (excitement?). While there are parody games where you can shoot Bush, I don't think any normal American would actually have the stones to do so if given the chance for real. Sure, they might disagree with his entire campaign and think he's an absolute greedy, right wing idiot -- but to kill him for real is taking it to an entirely different level.