A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: model, animate human body parts

model, animate human body parts

Hi,

I am probably gonna buy Swift 3d 4.0, after seeing erain's site, and its gallery for Swift 3d. I am interested in using Swift to model and animate human body parts, heart, lungs, blood system, muscles, etc..., then export the animations into Flash MX.

However, I have searched for, and failed to find, any comparable models and animations made with Swift 3d. Does anyone know where I can view models and/or animations of such work?

Is buying Swift 3d for my intended job a wise decision?

Thanx for any input from Swift 3d users.
    jbonham

I going to have to say that while I'm a big fan of Swift3D, I'm not sure it would be the best solution for animating human body parts such as the ones you describe. Now that Swift3D has the Advanced Modeler you could certainly create the models, but animating them would be another matter. Swift3D doesn't support mesh deformation so every part that you want to move needs to be a separate object.

So I guess it depends on what kind of animation you are talking about. If you want to show a heart pumping then that would be super tough. If you just want to model a heart then have it spin around to get different views of it, then that's quite doable.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Thanx for reply RUSH

Lets say I do the models I need in Swift, can you suggest which prog to use to animate???

Unfortunately if you model them in Swift3D then you have to animate in there as well. As of right now Swift3D lacks any kind of exporter that will allow you to get your models into anything other than the native .T3D format. We're hoping that the next version will allow us to export at least to .DXF and .3DS, but I couldn't say if it's going to happen or not.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..